PAULFROMNYS

Bible talk

Hosted by PAULFROMNYS

Based on Malachi 3:16-18 I believe the Lord will harken to us as we consider his word together.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

The Spirit with our spirit   Bible discussions/all

Started Sep-19 by Fred (fnorthrup); 249 views.
Fred (fnorthrup)

Sep-19

Notice the subject is not "the Spirit and our spirit, but " The Spirit with our spirit." I do not use the conjunction and  but the preposition with. Romans 8:16 says, "The Spirit Himself witnesses with our spirit." With is a preposition, and it is instrumental. If we say the Spirit and our spirit, this is a compound subject. Our spirit is not the subject and should not be the subject. Our spirit is the helper. If I do things with you, you are not the subject but the instrument. You are my helper. Our spirit is not the subject. The subject must be the Spirit.

PAULFROMNYS

Sep-19

Yes, in the end, GOD is all in all.

Fred (fnorthrup)

Sep-20

PAULFROMNYS said:

Yes, in the end, GOD is all in all.

The meaning of the word spirit in the Bible:

The Hebrew equivalent of the word spirit is RUACH, denoting:

1. Spirit-Ezekiel 37:1 The hand of the LORD was upon me, and carried me out in the Spirit of the LORD, and set me down in the midst of the valley which was full of bones,

2. Breath- Ezekiel 37:5 Thus saith the Lord GOD unto these bones; Behold, I will cause breath to enter into you, and ye shall live:

3. Wind- Ezekiel 37:9 Then said he unto me, Prophesy unto the wind, prophesy, son of man, and say to the wind, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe upon these slain, that they may live.

The Greek equivalent of the word spirit is PNEUMA, denoting:

1. Spirit-John 3:5-6 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

2. Breath- Revelation 11:11 And after the three and a half days, the breath of life out of God entered into them, and they stood on their feet; and great fear fell upon those beholding them. (Recovery Version)

3. Wind- John 3:8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

PAULFROMNYS

Sep-22

amen, who is sufficient for these things?

JS5777

Sep-22

Indeed.

2 Cor 2:16      To the one we are the savour of death unto death; and to the other the savour of life unto life. And who is sufficient for these things?

2 Cor 3:5        Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;

2 Cor 9:8        And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work:

2 Cor 12:9      And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Perfect Strength Through Perfect Weakness, so that our sufficiency can be proven to be of God.

Shalom,

JS5777

In reply toRe: msg 5
Fred (fnorthrup)

Sep-23

JS5777 said: 2 Cor 3:5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;

Sufficient for what? This chapter is regarding the ministry of the Law vs the ministry of the Spirit, to tie this in with our other discussions.

2 Corinthians 3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the Spirit: for the letter killeth, but the Spirit giveth life.

The ministry of the law is called "the letter" and "the ministry of death" (v.7) and the "ministry of condemnation" (v.9) which was engraved and written in stone.

The ministry of the Spirit is called the "ministry which gives life", and the "ministry of righteousness".(v.9)  

Whenever we turn to the law, there is a veil between us and God. But, whenever the heart turns to the Lord, who is the Spirit with our spirit, the veil is taken away. Then we all can behold and reflect like a mirror the glory of the Lord and be transformed into His image. This is the New Testament way of life. This is Paul's gospel.

2 Corinthians 3:14-18 But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same veil untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which veil is done away in Christ. But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the veil is upon their heart. Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the veil shall be taken away. Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are transformed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

In reply toRe: msg 5
Fred (fnorthrup)

Sep-24

According to Romans 8:16, the Spirit Himself witnesses with our spirit.

To comprehend and apprehend this, we must understand God and we must understand man and we must understand God's will for man as revealed in the Holy Scriptures. 

Understanding God

According to John 1:1, 14, God, in His economy went through a change. God in His eternal existence, never changes. But in His economy, His move in time and space, and in man, He changed.

"The Word was God...the Word became flesh." This indicates a change. God came into man through incarnation and became one with man.

According to 1 Corinthians 15:45, He went through a further change. He, the Word  who had become flesh, became a life-giving Spirit in resurrection. Thus, God can now, as the Spirit, enter into, redeem, regenerate, transform, and glorify fallen man. Man can be brought back to the tree of life and into fellowship with the Triune God who created him.

Understanding man

Man is fearfully and wonderfully made. (Psalm 139:14) God made man with a spirit (Job:32:8; Proverbs 20:27; Zechariah 12:1), to receive the Spirit, the Triune God who has been incarnated, lived a human life, was crucified, resurrected, ascended, and has now been poured out. When we receive Him, we are joined to Him in an organic union. ( 1Corinthians 6:17; John 15)

Understanding God's will for man

When Adam fell, man lost God. When Christ came, man gained God back. God's will is to build Himself into man, and build man into Himself, that man and God, God and man may be one. In the Scriptures, this relationship is called "a mingling". God's will is to come into and mingle Himself with man. This wonderful fact can be seen in the meal offering.

Leviticus 2:4 And if thou bring an oblation of a meal offering baked in the oven, it shall be unleavened cakes of fine flour mingled with oil, or unleavened wafers anointed with oil.

The fine flour is Christ's fine and perfect humanity.

The oil is Christ's divinity. Humanity mingled with divinity. Here is the revelation of the Spirit with our spirit. Our spirit is mingled with the Spirit of God, the Spirit of Christ, the Holy Spirit to be one Spirit/spirit. We are one spirit, a mingled spirit.

1 Corinthians 6:17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

This union, this mingling, this incorporation of God and man will have a result, the New Jerusalem. God and the Lamb, and the bride who have been joined to be one for eternity. Praise the Lord!!!!!!!! When we see this, we will be full of joy unspeakable and full of glory!!!!

PAULFROMNYS

Sep-24

Wonderful Fred, I'm going to share that word for word with the Friday meeting  :)

JS5777

Sep-24

We must be careful in using the word "mingling" in this way.

It is because there is absolutely nothing of the fallen nature of man that remains once the process of restoration is complete.

Absolutely all of the filth that came into man through the fall in sin MUST completely cease to exist.

I am not saying that, THAT was your intent in using the word "mingle", just that there may be some reader that may not catch that VERY important detail.

There is a cutting away of the flesh and every vestige of the fallen condition (circumcision) that happens when we die, because nothing of the fall in sin or its results can enter into heaven, because heaven will not be contaminated.

For those that remain until the coming of the Lord, they will receive their (circumcision) when the mortal puts on immortality and the corruption puts on incorruption, ONLY then can they go up to meet the Lord in the air and go with Him into heaven, into the wedding supper of the Lamb.

Therefore, the mingling, is the attributes that are in each individual and which reflect the image and likeness of God, being mingled back into God, as was His desire in the beginning, and WITHOUT ANY of the results of the fallen/sinful nature.

THAT is the purpose of the Holy Spirit inhabiting our hearts, it is to purge us of every fallen/sinful attribute and make us to be compatible/conformed to HIM.

Exo 23:18  Thou shalt not offer the blood of my sacrifice with leavened bread; neither shall the fat of my sacrifice remain until the morning.

Lev 2:11  No meat offering, which ye shall bring unto the LORD, shall be made with leaven: for ye shall burn no leaven, nor any honey, in any offering of the LORD made by fire.

Notice that the bread (meat, NOT flesh) of the peace offering, could have leaven, but THAT portion was NOT burnt upon the altar.

Lev 7:13  Besides the cakes, he shall offer for his offering leavened bread with the sacrifice of thanksgiving of his peace offerings.

The Hebrew use of the word that is translated to the English word "meat" literally means "food" as in bread.

Also, in Gen 1:29-30, the application of the word "meat" was NOT "flesh" as of animals, it was "food" as in fruits and vegetables.

Gen 1:29  And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.
Gen 1:30  And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.

Shalom,

JS5777

• Edited September 24, 2022 1:48 pm  by  JS5777
Fred (fnorthrup)

Sep-24

JS5777 said:

We must be careful in using the word "mingling" in this way.

Good point. This is why it is critical that we understand how we were made.

Man's spirit, was created by God and for God. There is no verse in the Bible that indicates that Satan has any access to man's spirit. When we are regenerated, it is our deadened spirit, made dead through Adam's fall, that was made alive. 

John 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Ephesians 2:1 And you hath he made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins

Once God has a beachhead in our spirit, then He can, with our cooperation, set to work on our soul. This is why 1Peter 1 says that we have been regenerated, unto a salvation, the salvation of our soul. This salvation is equal to the Lord making His home in our heart. This is transformation.

1Peter 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy has regenerated us unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead

1Peter 1:5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

1Peter 1:9 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.

According to the dictionary, to mingle is to mix two things together, without fundamental loss of identity. Think tea. When you put the tea bag in the hot water, the tea mingles with the water. Yet, if you boil the water away, the tea remains. The tea remains the tea and the water remains the water, yet they are one. 

I believe that this is the correct and Scriptural way to understand God, Christ, the Spirit, and our relationship with the Triune God. How is it that God is Three/One? The Father, Son and Spirit are mingled into one entity, the true and living God. Who is Christ? Christ means anointed. Anointed is the oil coming down upon a man, divinity and humanity, the reality of the meal offering. If we continue our discussions, and I hope we do, eventually we will see what it means that the Spirit is "compounded" which essentially means "mingled."

I do believe that anointed is equal to mingled. In fact the Hebrew word translated mingled in Leviticus 2:4, is translated anointed in Psalm 92:10.

Leviticus 2:4 And if thou bring an oblation of a meat offering baked in the oven, it shall be unleavened cakes of fine flour mingled with oil, or unleavened wafers anointed with oil.

Psalm 92:10 But my horn shalt thou exalt like the horn of a unicorn: I shall be anointed with fresh oil.

H1101. ?????? ba¯lal: A verb meaning to mix, to mingle, to tangle, to confuse, to bewilder, to perplex, to anoint. The word is often used in a technical sense to signify the mixing of oil with the fine flour used to bake cakes without yeast that were then presented as grain offerings (Lev. 2:4; 14:21). Similarly, oil was mixed with fine wheat flour to bake wafers without yeast in a sacrificial setting (Ex. 29:2). Sometimes oil was simply mingled with fine flour itself as part of a drink offering (Ex. 29:40). While these food items readily...

You are correct brother. Nothing of the fallen, natural man can be in the New Creation. There is a God created part of us, our soul that God has redeemed for Himself. This part is being gradually mingled with God while the old element is being discharged, until we are transformed into His image. Our body will be glorified in and instant.