PAULFROMNYS

Bible talk

Hosted by PAULFROMNYS

Based on Malachi 3:16-18 I believe the Lord will harken to us as we consider his word together.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Seven Spirits of The Holy One   General Discussion

Started Nov-1 by Earnest777; 222 views.
Earnest777

Nov-1

How could the Holy One be described as having 7 Spirits?

1 Corin.12 is a description of Spiritual gifts.

There are a variety of gifts but the same Spirit.  Each one is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good.

A variety of the Spiritual gifts are described and then it says there are all from the same Spirit, and a further description says that Christ's body has many members with many functions.

There are many members but one body and we aras believers are also members of the same body.

I think this is an excellent explanation of the mystery of the Trinity and how the Holy One is One and yetis functioning and manifestingin different form and are still as one in body.

PAULFROMNYS

Nov-1

GOD is one, the same, unchanging.  What does change is us, and GOD deals with us from faith to faith according to what we have, and by His mercy not what we don't have.  So GOD has dealings with us at birth, puberty, adolescence, teens, ect.  He is the same, but His dealings with us vary according to His wisdom, love, and mercy.

Earnest777

Nov-6

I have been thinking over some of the ideas you have presented and would like to continue to expand the conversation,  if anyone is interested.

Regarding the Holy One being unchanging,  do you think He ever changes His mind,  and how should I view scriptures such as Moses conversation to seemingly stop His destruction of Israel in the wilderness because of disobedient,  or Abraham seemingly negotiating with Him about the destruction of Sodom and the number of righteous men ?

Also when the Messiah became a man,  He did change from a baby to a man didnt He.

Not trying to be problematic or doubtful,  just curious, and perhaps self centered because I am always eager to learn.

Earnest777

Nov-7

He doesnt change, but our response to Him, perhaps in our growth and understanding might see a different response from Him.

It took some thinking to get there,  but maybe I understand your point better.

PAULFROMNYS

Nov-7

Earnest:   Regarding the Holy One being unchanging,  do you think He ever changes His mind,  and how should I view scriptures such as Moses conversation to seemingly stop His destruction of Israel in the wilderness because of disobedient,  or Abraham seemingly negotiating with Him about the destruction of Sodom and the number of righteous men ?

Paul:   Not GOD is the same ALWAYS.  We are the variables 100%, so GOD who is love deals with us from glory to glory, faith to faith.  All our actions are brought into GOD for His response.  This includes the mercy revealed by Moses and Abraham in their prayers, the very mercy of GOD IMO.  How GOD loves to see His work manifesting in His own.

In reply toRe: msg 5
PAULFROMNYS

Nov-7

Earnest:   He doesnt change, but our response to Him, perhaps in our growth and understanding might see a different response from Him. It took some thinking to get there,  but maybe I understand your point better.

Paul:   yes, the spirit of man knows the man, and the Spirit of GOD, GOD.  So now as GOD removes all the power which produced the old man, He brings us ever deeper into Christ Jesus being our Lord and life.

marvinlzinn1

Nov-8

Yes, we must be willing to replace our natural human spirit with the influence of the holy spirit as Jesus did regardless of the consequence.

marvin