PAULFROMNYS

Bible talk

Hosted by PAULFROMNYS|Malachi 3:16-18/Bible talk

Based on Malachi 3:16-18 I believe the Lord will harken to us as we consider his word together.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

The Glory of GOD #4   T. Austin Sparks

Started Jun-28 by PAULFROMNYS; 123 views.
In reply toRe: msg 3
PAULFROMNYS

Jun-28

But if you come to a position like that where you really have a transaction with the Lord, do not think that it is going to mean a life of loss. No, you are going to see the glory of God. That is the upshot of this eleventh chapter of John with Lazarus and his sisters at Bethany. Difficult as the way to it was for them, the last picture is of an emanation of the glory of God. What a delightful scene that is in chapter twelve! Jesus came to Bethany, where Lazarus, whom He had raised from the dead, lived, and they made Him a supper. Martha served, in a new spirit of service, and Mary and Lazarus sat with the disciples. It must have been a beautiful time - real glory in resurrection life. But they had been through something to get to that! They had been tried and tested on this question: "Said I not unto thee, that, if thou believedst, thou shouldest SEE the glory of God?" Do you want to see the glory of God in your own life? It is not going to mean a life of loss, for if you have the glory of God you cannot get anything beyond that, or better than that.

Fred (fnorthrup)

Jun-28

TA Sparks said:

Do you want to see the glory of God in your own life? It is not going to mean a life of loss, for if you have the glory of God you cannot get anything beyond that, or better than that.

I like PaulfromNYS's expression, "my current understanding is..." My current understanding is that the Christ who was crucified on the cross was the individual Christ, the Lamb of God who died for our justification, redemption, and reconciled us to God.

The resurrected Christ is the corporate Christ, the Head with the Body. The glorification of Christ was the increase of Christ. We cannot glorify God personally, or, "in our own life", but only corporately, as the church. God is expressed in Christ and Christ is expressed as locaL churches. He is in the midst of the golden lampstands.

Ephesians 3:21 Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.

PAULFROMNYS

Jun-28

Amen Fred, as usual I agree.  I think the foundational discernment((upheld by scripture, in ourselves primarily)) is:  Is this one after GOD in the ((way)) given of GOD??  If so, he/she is my brother/sister, and we will be of great comfort, value to one another in our common desire to mature in Christ.  This in contrast to what we think of the things we/they are in need of overcoming.  Many believers judged Paul wrongly, and this to their great hurt: why??????  I think many will have thoughts on this, as do I.  I'll wait to see   :) 

2 Peter 3:15,16  And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood,
...[Message truncated]
View Full Message
Fred (fnorthrup)

Jun-28

PAULFROMNYS said:

I think many will have thoughts on this, as do I.

I definitely have a great many thoughts on this. Paul called the gospel "my gospel" in 3 places. He did not receive this gospel from the 12 apostles, but from the Lord directly. In Paul's time, as well as ours, there is "a different gospel" being proclaimed. This is quite serious and worthy of much discussion. But as you say, who has thoughts on this?

PAULFROMNYS

Jun-28

:)    who indeed

JS5777

Jul-5

The sad thing is, many people try to put all of the glory of God to be exclusively on the Father, the Son, the Church, but very infrequently do they recognize that the church is a many membered BODY and that we are members in particular, as in, we EACH individually have a role and a responsibility to fulfill in expressing/manifesting the glory of God.

Manifesting the glory of God does not contain the fulfilling of any of the lusts of the flesh, it consists of loving God so far above all else that the importance of carnal things vanish away because of being so immersed in the presence of God that nothing else is even worthy to be compared with it.

As we personally take this responsibility upon ourselves and begin to fulfill it, the Glory of God becomes visible. The church is edified, the Lordship of the Lord Jesus Christ is put on display, and the glory of God begins to fill the earth, FIRST the lumps of clay that we are, then in our families, our church and communities, and it expands outward to the uttermost ends of the earth, until ALL of the earth is filled with the glory of God.

There are NO insignificant parts in the Body of Christ - the Family of God.

Just because we may not fully understand the complete importance of our role in the Body, does NOT diminish in the least the significance of fulfilling our role in the Body, and how THAT fulfilling puts the glory of God on display.

Blessings and Shalom,

JS5777

PAULFROMNYS

Jul-5

Amen James, beautiful.