PAULFROMNYS

Bible talk

Hosted by PAULFROMNYS|Malachi 3:16-18/Bible talk

Based on Malachi 3:16-18 I believe the Lord will harken to us as we consider his word together.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Fellowship of His Son #8   T. Austin Sparks

Started Jul-15 by PAULFROMNYS; 174 views.
In reply toRe: msg 8
PAULFROMNYS

Jul-15

And so, any encounter with the Lord does involve this: change of position. It did with Abraham. It did with Moses. It did with David. It did with Isaiah. It did with the apostles. It did with Paul. And it's like that right on to the end. Don't think you've reached the end or that your present position is final. That's the trouble, isn't it?

Oh, be careful on any matter whatsoever of thinking and saying that you have got the final answer, that your position is it, that there is no more to it. People are saying today in groups that they, they, they have got "the truth". And my word - what a history has followed such a position. No. There are some things about which we can be quite sure of the Lord, of our salvation, and so on, but our knowledge of the Lord's ways - no, we have got to go on, hearing the call, hearing the call: a change of position and a change of object.

In reply toRe: msg 9
PAULFROMNYS

Jul-15

Object... you could follow that into the life of the men mentioned, the object for which they were living, as illustrated by Isaiah. A change of object - what is your object? What is your object? What has you? Well, what a radical thing this was with the apostle Paul and the apostles, the earthly kingdom: "Wilt Thou at this time restore the Kingdom to Israel?" The object? The earthly kingdom and their place in it, of course. "On the right hand and on the left, when Thou comest into Thy kingdom." This kingdom concept, it proved to be utterly false, and afterward, they had to have a revolution as to the object for which they were living and working.

I did want so much to say something about the purpose of the fellowship, all this is on the way, would you suffer me a few minutes longer? Because this really is what I want to get at; and I think probably it will be all that is necessary this week, where I am concerned.