PAULFROMNYS

Bible talk

Hosted by PAULFROMNYS|Malachi 3:16-18/Bible talk

Based on Malachi 3:16-18 I believe the Lord will harken to us as we consider his word together.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Fellowship of His Son #9   T. Austin Sparks

Started Jul-16 by PAULFROMNYS; 213 views.
In reply toRe: msg 6
PAULFROMNYS

Jul-16

And that's the story of so much; but, oh, God grant that it may not be my story and your story, "Once we met the Lord in that man, in that woman. Once when we met them, you did feel you were meeting something of the Lord, but now, but now..." May I say to you coming here that in my contacts, in my contact with you individually, I am always feeling, "What is there of the Lord here that I can touch, that we can live upon and have fellowship with?" Not where you come from, not all these thousand things about your life, but: the Lord. Are you making an impression of the Lord?

Now I say that is the purpose of our being here. It is the testimony of Jesus, that is, that He is the Divinely appointed Heir to this world and we are here where God has sovereignly put us, whether it is in a living fellowship or not, in a Christian country or a Mohammedan country. Where God has sovereignly put us, we are there to put both feet down and say, "I claim this place for Jesus Christ. He is Lord!" Hell will rage, hell will do anything to get you out immediately. Be careful how you get moved and what arguments are brought to bear on you. Oh, how many of our young people, who are in a living place with the Lord, get married and look for a nice home somewhere in the country. And go out into a wilderness spiritually and lose their spiritual life. What was the argument, see? A nice home? Oh, be careful.

In reply toRe: msg 7
PAULFROMNYS

Jul-16

We are here to claim this lentil patch for God and if we have got to fight until, as Shammah did, till our hand cleaves to the hilt of our sword and go on to the end of the day, may we come out at the end with the Philistines worsted. The enemy defeated. We stand. So Paul in this battle, this cosmic battle, says, "Stand... withstand and having done all, stand."

See, the purpose of the fellowship? To claim a foothold for the Rightful Owner! He said this gospel of the kingdom must be preached in all the nations. Do you stop there? No, as a testimony. Do we hold all nations for Christ? You can, but you won't. As a testimony in those nations, you are there as a testimony that, "Here are the rights of the Lord Jesus Christ, and I am here for them." That's all. That can be enlarged upon as you see, but what are we here for, why are we Christians? To presence the Lord, to presence the Lord and this is the battle. It was the battle of the Lord Jesus Himself Who brought God in and declared God's rights. And the devil said, "Out You go, if I can have any say in the matter."

In reply toRe: msg 8
PAULFROMNYS

Jul-16

But we know that the end is with Him. We have got the vision. "The knowledge of the Lord shall cover the earth as the waters cover the sea." It is going to be! We are heading up, fast heading up, to the great climax when the one issue will become universal: "Who is going to have this world?" And there is every, every facility and every means now available for deciding that in a very cataclysmic way. "A new heaven and a new earth wherein dwelleth righteousness."

Well, I don't know how to stop with such a thing, but I did want to get this to you: why are we on this earth? Things will be taken from us, men will turn against us, repudiate us, reject us. They will discredit us; they did it to the Lord. Why are we here? For self-vindication? Not at all. To hold the ground for the Lord, to be a patch for the Lord in this world. That is the purpose of being called into fellowship with Jesus Christ, our Lord.

Shall we pray: Lord, do cover all the faults. Take responsibility for the imperfections of thy servants, but do register in us what is the truth, "as the truth is in Jesus." Oh, convict us of this. We are interested in a lot of things, making, forming, all this, Lord; but do show us today, there is only one thing that matters to Thee, and that is the place that Thou dost have and how much of a place Thou dost have. Do bring this upon us in a new way. Hear our prayer, answer us, for Thine Own Name and satisfaction's sake. Amen.