PAULFROMNYS

Bible talk

Hosted by PAULFROMNYS|Malachi 3:16-18/Bible talk

Based on Malachi 3:16-18 I believe the Lord will harken to us as we consider his word together.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

The Testimony of the Christ #4   T. Austin Sparks

Started Oct-20 by PAULFROMNYS; 36 views.
In reply toRe: msg 6
PAULFROMNYS

Oct-20

Now, be very patient with me while I work this way toward the heart of this whole matter, for it is just there and by that means that we are taken back in broad principle to the whole of the Old Testament. What does the Old Testament contain, right up to the Cross of the Lord Jesus? This - the inclusive business on hand from Adam to Christ was the dealing with an invading foreign force into God's created universe. A foreign force had invaded God's created universe, that is one side. And all that represents or speaks of the death of the Lord Jesus is related to that; the dealing with this foreign invading force. The other side, the resurrection, was the introducing of a dynamic power to counter that force, and that dynamic power, the invading force, was resurrection Life; this Life which in itself, in its own nature, is a Life which cannot be touched of death, has in it power and dynamic, mightier than any force in God's universe. That is the issue all the way through, the mighty creative forces of the resurrection Life of the Lord Jesus.

In reply toRe: msg 7
PAULFROMNYS

Oct-20

Now have you got the setting, or has it been too involved? We must have a full basis and background for what will be perhaps very much simpler as we proceed. The invading force was sin, and death in its train, sin and death. That was the thing with which Christ dealt in His Cross - sin and death. The dynamic to overcome that and rule that out and nullify that is righteousness and Life which are brought into being in the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. Paul made that perfectly clear when he said - "If Christ hath not been raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins" (1 Cor. 15:17). Righteousness is only established in the resurrection of the Lord Jesus.

Now let us get to a much more simple line of consideration. I am anxious, though, that you should realise that we are dealing with immense things. The issue on the Emmaus road was no simple matter at all. Look at these two on that country road, look at their state, and you will get a clue to the Old Testament and what Christ was dealing with in His death and resurrection.