PAULFROMNYS

Bible talk

Hosted by PAULFROMNYS|Malachi 3:16-18/Bible talk

Based on Malachi 3:16-18 I believe the Lord will harken to us as we consider his word together.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

The Testimony of the Christ #5   T. Austin Sparks

Started 10/21/21 by PAULFROMNYS; 75 views.
In reply toRe: msg 7
PAULFROMNYS

10/21/21

You say, 'What do you mean by Life? I am alive, I am a biological creature.' But that is not what he is talking about. This Life is a different, transcendent Life, and, as it is called, incorruptible Life, and that certainly is not the life that we possess. Death, what do you mean by death? You may answer back - 'Why, you who are speaking about this destruction of death will before long be in the grave.' Ah yes, that may be, but that does not nullify the truth that there is a Life possessed by children of God that is a graveless Life, a deathless Life. If you have ever watched the death of a real unbeliever, and the death of a saint, you know the difference. It is not death with a child of God. But oh, it is so much more than I can explain! I am simply saying that these two words, life and death, are not just what everybody thinks they mean. They are immense things.

Death is a spiritual thing, death is a deadly thing in every realm, death is an evil thing. Say what you will in your artistry and your poetry about death being a friend. It is no friend. The Bible says, "The last enemy that shall be abolished is death" (1 Cor. 15:26), and death is an enemy. Try to sublimate it, if you like. No, death is an evil thing, it came from Satan, it is the fruit of sin, it is destruction. But Christ has destroyed it, and over it has established this other Life which will not see death. Do not think that the death of the body is the end of death. No, no - death is not just physical. Death only affects the body and carries it with it. Death is much bigger than the body. Life is a spiritual thing. Oh, it is much bigger and better than this life that we have in the body. Thank God there is a lot to be said about that if the Lord enables us in these chapters, this marvellous thing with which we are occupied.

In reply toRe: msg 8
PAULFROMNYS

10/21/21

I am not going on to the discourse, although I started thinking that we might. We are occupied, not with the discourse itself and material and data, but we are occupied with the issue of it which is the issue of the whole Bible, and the issue - may God bring this home to us in these days in which we live, bring this home to many a heart as a bedrock foundation, a great governing reality - the testimony of God concerning His Son which is given to us is absolute victory over death. That testimony accounts for everything of conflict, pressure, suffering, and everything else. That is the provocative thing, and when I have used that word, I have launched myself upon the discourse, because the representation of the testimony in the books of Moses is Abel, the man who provoked hell.