PAULFROMNYS

Bible talk

Hosted by PAULFROMNYS|Malachi 3:16-18/Bible talk

Based on Malachi 3:16-18 I believe the Lord will harken to us as we consider his word together.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

The Servant of the Lord #3   T. Austin Sparks

Started Jan-18 by PAULFROMNYS; 169 views.
In reply toRe: msg 6
PAULFROMNYS

Jan-18

Before the chapter is concluded Simon is strongly declaring that he will lay down his life for the Master, a declaration which had a sorry issue in the hour of its testing. And in this connection self-confidence and self-sufficiency are unveiled. All this led to Satan's triumph and Simon's defeat. It has ever been so. The breakdown and ruin of man has always been because of his self-life, from Adam onward.

Simon was obtained by Satan for sifting because Satan had a stake in him which gave him a judicial claim and right over Simon. Christ served the Father to the full because Satan had "nothing in Him." We must come back here, but let us turn to the Satanic side. Isaiah tells us (chap, 14) that Satan was hurled from the glory and fell into so great depths of ruin because he said in his heart, "I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God... I will be like the Most High." He aspired to equality with God. Ambition for power where the power was God's alone; mastery where service was the order; these were the motives operating. This brought his ruin, and then by prompting Adam to act by the same motive the ruin of the race was accomplished.