PAULFROMNYS

Bible talk

Hosted by PAULFROMNYS|Malachi 3:16-18/Bible talk

Based on Malachi 3:16-18 I believe the Lord will harken to us as we consider his word together.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

The Spiritual Clinic #5   T. Austin Sparks

Started May-8 by PAULFROMNYS; 115 views.
In reply toRe: msg 3
PAULFROMNYS

May-9

It was, among other things, an entirely mistaken order of events, as Acts 15:14-16 (R.V.) clearly shows. There was a complete incapacity to recognise the Divine purpose, method, means, time, instrument, basis, and passion. This let in personal interests, concerns, ambitions, and false anxieties. The thwarting of these, and the disillusionment of the Cross utterly smashed them and their whole scheme of things.

In reply toRe: msg 4
PAULFROMNYS

May-9

"We had thought," said they; but their thought was earthbound. Something of the "Heavenly Vision" is essential to life and assurance and hope and ascendancy. We shall find increasingly that before there can be an earth and world manifestation of the Sovereignty of Christ in anything like a commensurate sense, there will be an intense heavenliness and spirituality of life and work on the part of those who are called to share the Throne.

In reply toRe: msg 5
PAULFROMNYS

May-10

Whatever else may have been in John's mind leading to his pathetic and despairing message, it is almost certain that his own condition presented a problem occasioned by a mistaken idea. It would be something like this: "If He really is the Christ, and all that has been prophesied of Him is true - all those things about opening the prisons to the prisoners, and letting the oppressed go free etc., why is it that I, having served Him as I have and standing in such a relationship to Him as I do, should be left in this dungeon? There are reports of miracles and mighty works. Why am I left to suffer thus?" This problem comes near to the heart of many of the Lord's people. We know from the Master Himself that He was far from ignoring or forgetting John. In John's case it is certain that not for sin or in Divine forgetfulness was he left in his trial undelivered. The reason was to be found elsewhere.

In reply toRe: msg 6
PAULFROMNYS

May-10

It might be as well to listen to another who has a different expectation without despair: "The Holy Ghost witnesseth in every city, saying that bonds and afflictions abide me." This one had much to say about the spiritual fruitfulness of his bonds.

"I am an ambassador in bonds for the mystery of the Gospel."

"My bonds in Christ are manifest in all the palace and in all other places."

"Many of the brethren waxing confident by my bonds are much more bold to speak the word."

"Whom I have begotten in my bonds."