PAULFROMNYS

Bible talk

Hosted by PAULFROMNYS

Based on Malachi 3:16-18 I believe the Lord will harken to us as we consider his word together.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Prophecy   General Discussion

Started Jun-28 by PAULFROMNYS; 539 views.
Fred (fnorthrup)

Aug-10

Why yes, for many years.

PAULFROMNYS

Aug-10

Please share some of your insights specific to this.  I know you have throughout our sharing, but I'd like to target it specifically in this thread.  What have you seen as successful?  Pitfalls? anything at all :)

Fred (fnorthrup)

Aug-15

PAULFROMNYS said:

Please share some of your insights specific to this.

Firstly that it is God's desire that all His people would be prophets.

Numbers 11:29 But Moses said to him, Are you jealous for my sake? Oh that all Jehovah’s people were prophets, that Jehovah would put His Spirit upon them!

Therefore we all should earnestly desire to prophesy.

1 Corinthians 14:1 Pursue love, and desire earnestly spiritual gifts, but especially that you may prophesy.

According to Ephesians 4, for the building up of the Body of Christ, God gave some as prophets, not to prophecy, but to perfect the saints that all may prophecy.

Ephesians 4:11-12 And He Himself gave some as...prophets ....For the perfecting of the saints unto the work of the ministry, unto the building up of the Body of Christ,

1 Corinthians 14:31 For you can all prophesy one by one that all may learn and all may be encouraged.

This in itself is no small matter to overcome. 

PAULFROMNYS

Aug-15

Fred:  Numbers 11:29 But Moses said to him, Are you jealous for my sake? Oh that all Jehovah’s people were prophets, that Jehovah would put His Spirit upon them!

Paul:  right in harmony with;  Heb 5:12 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which [be] the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.   To teach in Christ is also prophecy in my current understanding.

In reply toRe: msg 11
PAULFROMNYS

Aug-15

Fred:    This in itself is no small matter to overcome. 

Paul:  No, we're very young in this for sure, but the need to be strong in the openness to love and giving various understandings a back seat as we wash in the Word is our current approach.  If someone insists that we all believe a certain understanding which is not at all clear, then there will be debate and strife.  If however in order to maintain unity and love we defer to patience working by love, we can expect clarity at some point as we are wash humbly in the Word.

JS5777

Sep-10

I think that the following passage is key to understanding 1 Corinthians chapter 14.

1 Cor 14:24  But if all prophesy, and there come in one that believeth not, or one unlearned, he is convinced of all, he is judged of all:
1 Cor 14:25  And thus are the secrets of his heart made manifest; and so falling down on his face he will worship God, and report that God is in you of a truth.

Therefore, the discerning of the secrets of the hearts is part of the gift of prophecy that the Apostle Paul was talking about.

If it is a true discerning, then the people are convinced, and recognize that only God knew those things, and worship God.

It is NOT just some generic "tickling" of the ears about general things that just anyone would like to hear, but it is specific, detailed and targeted with a "laser focus" to the individual.

Shalom,

JS5777

Fred (fnorthrup)

Sep-10

JS5777 said:

1 Cor 14:25  And thus are the secrets of his heart made manifest;

To realize your own condition before God is a great mercy. God is light. when we walk in the light as He is in the light we can have true fellowship with one another and the blood of Jesus, His Son, cleanses us. 

2 Corinthians 4:6 For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

"Lord, we want no secrets in our heart. Shine into our hearts this morning. Give us a new beginning in the light. Amen"

PAULFROMNYS

Sep-10

Yes, sort of like:   John 1:48-49   Nathanael saith unto him, Whence knowest thou me? Jesus answered and said unto him, Before that Philip called thee, when thou wast under the fig tree, I saw thee.  Nathanael answered and saith unto him, Rabbi, thou art the Son of God; thou art the King of Israel.