PAULFROMNYS

Bible talk

Hosted by PAULFROMNYS

Based on Malachi 3:16-18 I believe the Lord will harken to us as we consider his word together.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Looking for that city #!   Bible discussions/belief

Started Aug-23 by PAULFROMNYS; 321 views.
Fred (fnorthrup)

Aug-24

PAULFROMNYS said:

Amen, GOD made us for a deeply important reason to Him

Ephesians 1:21 Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:

The word "world" here is different than the word in Hebrews 1:6 and 2:5. Here it means a period of time, and age. So this verse refers to "this age" and "the age to come." Hebrews 1 and 2 refer to "the inhabited earth" and "the coming inhabited earth."

These verses definitely say that there is a present age, a present inhabited earth, and a coming age, and age after this one, which includes a coming inhabited earth.

You cannot call this heaven because it includes the earth, and you could not call it eternal, because there is time involved. If it is not eternal and not heaven, then what is this coming age in which the inhabited earth is subjected to the sons of God?

PAULFROMNYS

Aug-25

The thousand years??  Is it possible that the coming age is totally incorporated into GOD thereby being heaven and eternal.  These thoughts are so new to me, I find myself deferring to the most generalized possibilities of scripture.  Please bear with me.

Fred (fnorthrup)

Aug-25

There are two things. One one hand there is the Bible, the Word of God. On the other hand there is the Christian religion, which is not in the Bible. The church is in the Bible, the Body is in the Bible, but there is no Catholicism, no Protestantism, no Pentecostalism, and no Fundamentalism, just Christ and the church.

In the Bible there is the covenant God made with the seed of Abraham, then there is the religion of Judaism. Judaism, much the same as Christian religion, is a mixture of the Bible, traditions, myths, and superstition.

I think many Christians will be shocked to find out how many things they hold to and practice are nowhere in the Bible, and how many things which are plainly in the Bible they never heard of.

Sometimes when I am trying to help someone turn to the Word of God, I use this example: Three wise men. This is universally repeated, depicted in nativity scenes, sung about ("We three kings of orient are...") yet is nowhere in the Bible. If the Bible is not the source of three wise men, then what is the source? There are Magi from the East in the Bible, but it never specifies how many.

I do not think it matters at all how many wise men one thinks there are, but it serves as an example. How many things do we take for granted that are not in the Bible, and how many things are in the Bible that we have never seen?

PAULFROMNYS

Aug-26

Fred shared:  There are two things. One one hand there is the Bible, the Word of God. On the other hand there is the Christian religion, which is not in the Bible. The church is in the Bible, the Body is in the Bible, but there is no Catholicism, no Protestantism, no Pentecostalism, and no Fundamentalism, just Christ and the church.

Paul replied:  As you know, huge amen from me.  How the devil wants to plant varying flags above us that we strive and debate with one another, invariably at the cost of love and unity.  It's akin to saying: if you don't understand as I do, then we must abandon our relationship..  We need to hear LOUD and CLEAR before following such:  "with the same judgment you judge, you shall be judged"

PAULFROMNYS

Aug-26

Fred said:   There are Magi from the East in the Bible, but it never specifies how many.

Paul replied.  Can't yes or no with limited library computer time, but aren't they named somewhere?   In any event, the point you are making is most assuredly true of most all of us in some measure.

Fred (fnorthrup)

Aug-26

PAULFROMNYS said:

Can't yes or no with limited library computer time, but aren't they named somewhere?

They are not named. You are probably thinking of a novel or a movie. I hope  you picked up the part where I said it doesnt matter in the least how many magi you think there are. The point is that it is nowhere in the Bible but people universally think it is. That is the definition of a tradition. There are many I could name that do matter.

marvinlzinn1

Aug-27

Exactly !  Jesus taught only one doctrine with example. We cannot be saved on opinions.

I worked in many states and countries. There are different languages. natural foods and customs not related to salvation, but when we seek heaven there is only one path,

Fred (fnorthrup)

Aug-27

marvinlzinn1 said:

I worked in many states and countries. There are different languages. natural foods and customs not related to salvation, but when we seek heaven there is only one path,

This is right brother.

John 11:52 And not for that nation only, but that also he should gather together in (into) one the children of God that were scattered abroad.

One of the greatest words in the Bible is the word "one."

Ephesians 4:4-6 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; One Lord, one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

There are 7 "one's" here.

One Triune God consisting of one Father, one Lord, and one Spirit. When we receive Him through the one faith, we are made one Body with one hope. This is wonderful beyond what we can ask or think! 

PAULFROMNYS

Aug-27

Yes, I got that point, and hold to it's import 100%.  One of the devils major tactics is to affect the thinking and feelings of believers through the behavior of men.  Our eye needs to be single on the living Word; our Lord Jesus Christ.

PAULFROMNYS

Aug-27

Fred said:   One Triune God consisting of one Father, one Lord, and one Spirit. When we receive Him through the one faith, we are made one Body with one hope. This is wonderful beyond what we can ask or think! 

Paul replied:  Yes, upon receiving Him we receive power to become sons of GOD.  One thing is needful = that through our Lord Jesus we wash one another's feet that we might walk after Him on that narrow way.