The Commport

Hosted by [PC][Ch]amsalot (CHAMSALOT)|forums.delphiforums.com/maxcommport/start

Free support to first-time computer users as well as the experts!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

NEW TOYS!   Hardware Haven & Buying Advice

Started Nov-27 by THECOM; 207 views.
In reply toRe: msg 3
xSomeguyx

Nov-28

Yeah, I know a lot of guys that look at console code, and the extra height is a game-changer.  Same for legal-sized documents.

But.. do it once and do it right?  That sounds like "1.4mb?  We'll NEVER need more than that!" talk to me!

THECOM
Staff

Nov-28

Yeah, we get clients with apps who have these HUGE screen-filling error dumps.  Some so big that even going 1080x1920 and they still get cut off.

"What's the problem?"
"I dunno."
"How can YOU not know?"
"Because the actual, USEFUL portion of the error message is scrolled right off the bottom of the screen where I can't read it..."

And I'm figuring, that by the time I need something more than 6480x3820 on an effective 46" display, my eyesight will have begun failing and I'll be getting ready to transition to something that doesn't require QUITE that much real-estate.

In reply toRe: msg 5
THECOM
Staff

Nov-30

Okay, the monitor mount arrived today.

The fricking arms are longer than MY arms!

In reply toRe: msg 6
THECOM
Staff

Nov-30

In reply toRe: msg 7
THECOM
Staff

Nov-30

In reply toRe: msg 8
xSomeguyx

Dec-2

Ok, this is comically large.  The narrow bezel does work pretty well though!

THECOM
Staff

Dec-2

Showed it to a guy on [H] and he was immediately going "Yeah, now I just need to work on de-bezeling it..."

And now that I've got NVSurround working, full-screen video on it is almost comical.

xSomeguyx

Dec-3

Maybe, but look how slim the bezel is as it is!  I'll betcha there's only 1-2mm of space in there to shave off, and that's if it even does you any good.  HP's newer enterprise monitors are "zero bezel" on the sides but what they DON'T tell you is that there's almost 1cm of black LCD panel on those sides!

THECOM
Staff

Dec-3

NV Surround.

It's gonna take some getting used to.  I'm getting a little "lost" in all that screen real estate.
That and the urge to cackle incessantly keeps overtaking me.
The full screen video is recockulous.

xSomeguyx

Dec-4

Pfffftttt

That's hilarious man.