The Commport

Hosted by [PC][Ch]amsalot (CHAMSALOT)|forums.delphiforums.com/maxcommport/start

Free support to first-time computer users as well as the experts!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

NEW TOYS!   Hardware Haven & Buying Advice

Started Nov-27 by THECOM; 192 views.
In reply toRe: msg 8
xSomeguyx

Dec-2

Ok, this is comically large.  The narrow bezel does work pretty well though!

THECOM
Staff

Dec-2

Showed it to a guy on [H] and he was immediately going "Yeah, now I just need to work on de-bezeling it..."

And now that I've got NVSurround working, full-screen video on it is almost comical.

xSomeguyx

Dec-3

Maybe, but look how slim the bezel is as it is!  I'll betcha there's only 1-2mm of space in there to shave off, and that's if it even does you any good.  HP's newer enterprise monitors are "zero bezel" on the sides but what they DON'T tell you is that there's almost 1cm of black LCD panel on those sides!

THECOM
Staff

Dec-3

NV Surround.

It's gonna take some getting used to.  I'm getting a little "lost" in all that screen real estate.
That and the urge to cackle incessantly keeps overtaking me.
The full screen video is recockulous.

xSomeguyx

Dec-4

Pfffftttt

That's hilarious man.

THECOM
Staff

Dec-5

Bah.

I had to turn screen magnification on...  weary

I could read everything just fine (better than 20/20 while the rest of my family is nearly effing blind). 
But reading everything in the huge expanse of screen at a distance of less than 2 feet was driving me walleyed...

Kicking to 150% solved that.

But I'm starting to learn how badly Windows is suited to uber-high resolution.

The taskbar has basically stopped retracting.  And since things were popping UNDER it, I had to turn auto-hide off.
Also, even though I moved the taskbar to the middle, the start menu pops on the left hand corner.

xSomeguyx

Dec-7

haaaahahahaha!  That SUCKS!

Since starting to roll out 27" 4k displays at the office I've found there are a LOT of apps that don't scale properly.. and with old timers who want a big-ass screen that's a problem since they don't "get" resolution size.  These guys running at 200% scaling then a Java applet pops up that refuses to scale is a P-O'd accountant!

THECOM
Staff

Dec-8

Yeah.

Photoshop's like that too.

In reply toRe: msg 16
THECOM
Staff

Dec-8

And just realized I never posted a pic of my lock screen.

The figure onscreen is 17.5" tall (bigger than the old school large-scale Star Wars action figures.

• Edited December 8, 2017 6:25 pm  by  THECOM
xSomeguyx

6:17 PM

Haha, gotta scootch that thing over a little bit for 100% center framing!