Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Post your jokes here   Fun and Games

Started 4/20/18 by PTG (anotherPTG); 377440 views.
LvlSlgr

2/27/22

Something we do when we're bored with games, reading, TV, etc.???

Tammy27 (DoubleMsMom)

2/27/22

No wondering my house is a mess..........................LOL!!

I, and my house, resemble that joke.  Has done since I started MC in 2014.  Luckily the cats don't care as long as there is food in their bowls.

LvlSlgr

2/27/22

I got bad about keeping my house clean and in order years ago. It first started because I was working 60-70 hours a week and just didn't have time. But back then my mother lived in FL and would come visit for 3 weeks twice a year and she stayed with me. So that I had to get it cleaned up and in good shape at least twice a year. smile But she moved back to KY in 2013. But then my grandkids were coming about every 2-3 months to spend the night. So that was an incentive. I have to admit not as much as my mom, because they wouldn't notice as much. wink

I retired in Sept. 2014 so I should have had the time, right? But that's when I started playing MC and some other games. And besides I'd gotten so it just didn't bother me that much. Cleaning it every 2-3 months when the grandkids came was good enough. But now the grandkids are old enough that they don't really want to spend the night with grandma. Heck, they're old enough to stay at home by themselves when their parents go out. So I really don't have a good reason to keep it clean but I was trying.

Then I started having problems with my back/legs about 3 years ago weary and that's another whole story. So it's very hard for me to do any housework now. I just do what I can so that I don't feel like I'm living in a pigsty. My son will bring his two boys (ages 15 and 12) about every 2 or 3 months and the boys will do pretty much whatever I tell them. Clean the tub (I can manage the rest of the bathroom), vacuum, mop, dust, rotate my mattress, etc. Thank goodness for those boys! I know it's not much, but I give them each $20 for their work. They really don't expect it and try to not take it, but they're helping and that's the least I can do.

I know what you mean.  Like you, I was working long hours, bringing work home because I could get more done without the phones ringing, had previously worked two jobs and one job where I was on call 24/7.  Sometimes 36 hour days in that one.  Retired in August 2013, moved from NSW to TAS, had no energy, chronic fatigue, found MC and that was it.  Housework took a back seat, found a life, starting back to live life again after all the restrictions.  Do what I can, when I can, at present rearranging the "office", moving bookcases and assembling flat pack furniture for storage.

One day will get caught up with the housework, it will still be there when I'm long gone, so not worried about it.  Just me and two cats.

LvlSlgr

2/28/22

Okay, this one isn't really a joke, but I didn't know where else to post it.  It's so true for me ...

May be an image of text that says 'I AM GETTING TOO OLD TO TRY TO IMPRESS PEOPLE Either they like me THE WAY I AM OR THEY DON'T AND THAT'S OK WITH ME'

LvlSlgr

3/1/22

So many ... if not all ... are true about me. smile

May be an image of text that says 'Things ' Super Good At 1. Forgetting someone's name 10 seconds after they tell me. 2. Buying produce... throwing it away two weeks later. 3. Digging through the trash for the food box I just tossed, because I already forgot the directions. 4. Making plans. And then immediately regretting making plans. 5. Leaving laundry in the dryer until it wrinkles. Then turning on the dryer to dewrinkle. Then forgetting it again 6. Calculating how much sleep I'll get if I can just "fall asleep right now".'