Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Halloween Event Friends for IOS   Friends

Started 4/23/18 by TinyFaerie; 31281 views.
Oodie (Oodeveer)

9/1/18

Hey April, I just sent you an invite.

Oodie

TLB2 (nvrsdiwsgd)

9/2/18

I've found that people come and go.. but events are a good way to find long term friends.

I have had over 100 friends on my PC game, used to be they would put FE (Fall Event) or SE (Spring Event) WE (Winter Event) after their name. So you knew they were only there for the event, but sometimes they stick around.

It's a hit and miss IMO.

In reply toRe: msg 10

Thanks TLB2. I haven’t done an event yet, so not really sure how they work - the friends part I mean.

I messed up and posted in the spring event thread first, because for me spring has just started. Then when I realised, I deleted that post and put it in here, forgetting there aren’t any Halloween rooms. So it’s just one mistake after another lol. 

Could I please get some people’s thoughts and processes for event friends - like when is a good time to start adding friends? How many is a good amount? And do I delete them or keep them after an event?

Also, in reference to friend numbers; what have you all found is a comfortable number to manage as regular friends. I’m constantly debating this with myself, so would love to get some insights.

Tennco (carlyMC)

9/2/18

I have approx 120  friends but all are not active.  Some gift regularly, some once a week, some every couple of weeks.  I gift alphabetical and start over.  I always try to gift a like item.  Airship for airship; food for food; inventory for inventory ; etc. it is hard to know what value a person puts on an item.  If someone does not gift me for approx 6 months, I may delete them as I assume they are no longer active.  If I gift three times on a new player and they don’t gift back, I usually delete them. Event friends can become permanent friends. It is an arbitrary rule to say otherwise.  It is entirely up to you and the other party.  Hope that helps. 

TLB2 (nvrsdiwsgd)

9/2/18

Some people start adding event friends shortly before the event starts. And, like I said, some do stick around. It's up to you to decide if you want to keep them or not. I figure, if they are still gifting after the event is over, I keep them.

The benefit of have more friends during an event is that each private room in the Spring and Winter event has 3 special rooms to search. When you max them out, they pay 250 coins. It's a great money-maker. The more friends--the more rooms you can search. You can only do them once a day for each friend.

They just added the spring rooms this past event. Who knows if they will add a Fall room (we've been asking!) The 3 new rooms in the winter rooms were a surprise to all! There are also achievements associated with the special rooms.  

I hope this helped answer some questions for you.

In reply toRe: msg 13

Thanks for the info Tennco and TLB2.

I guess there is no hard and fast rule for seasonal friends. I think I will delete my game ID from here for now and think about adding some more regular friends.

I really appreciate the help. 

Another tidbit of info for you -

When we got the 1st Spring room with the 1 HOS, I added a LOT of SE friends, only to discover it made my game unstable.  It would freeze, my friends would disappear, & it took forever for the winnings to drop after completing the HOS. Anything over 95 friends made my Terrace un-playable.  

Then this year we got the new Spring room with the 3 HOS, & the freezing & lagging was even worse, plus keeping less than 95 friends didn't help anymore.  I actually lost my Castle entirely & had to get BF CS to restore it the 1st week of the Event. 

I will be extremely cautious about adding extra friends this time. 

As for how many regular friends, I'm at 58 right now, with many on break or red, & it's taking me a bit longer to return gifts than I like. I think I was more comfortable with 45, but I can't resist helping newbies, you know, so I keep answering pleas for help. 

TinyFaerie

9/3/18

Im at 61 and staying there except for random pleas for help too. My old game was overloaded with friends and this computer is so ancient it cant handle alot like my old computer and its a VISTA ugh. Will be glad when I can afford a decent on.

The battery doesnt work so if it gets unplugged it takes forever to reboot.

In reply toRe: msg 16

Thanks ladies. That’s a huge help. I’ve seen people post they have friends in the hundreds so I thought I was waaayyyy behind, but I’m nearing the 40 mark with most active so I think I’m in a good place. 

Oh forgot to add Druid; as one of your aforementioned newbies, I’m so grateful for your help. I just crafted the black cat today. I had all the components but was building up my plain stamps a bit more. You’re right, it is so cute. 

Yay, little black kitty in the house! cat2

Which pet are you working towards now?