Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Christmas Event Friends for PC   Friends

Started 4/23/18 by TinyFaerie; 9371 views.
Goldie333

Dec-19

My ID is 173826.  I go by Goldie Girl in the game.  Accepting Winter Event friends.  No gifts please.

Thank you.

larkMC

Dec-19

I will be happy to add you to my friends list.

Lark 

edited to add-- Thank you to all who responded to my request. I have removed my number because I now have more than enough event friends.

• Edited December 19, 2020 9:14 pm  by  larkMC
PlusJenney2

Dec-19

Hello!  Can you please explain a little more what you mean by NOT gifting and upsetting the "gifting process"? 

I want to be a good MC friend, but I am still a little confused about gifting, and this post makes me afraid to gift my friends.  The last thing I want to do is upset anyone - this is a fun game and there are lots of good, friendly people here.  Thanks as always for all the great tips and advice that you continue to provide here in the forum!  -jen

Hirento

Dec-19

Hello Plusjenny relaxed

I believe they mean that if you ask for friends in this thread, you ask for EVENT friends only. These are not friends to keep, but for taking advantage of their Event rooms. And they can take advantage of your rooms.

Sometimes they have several game profiles, and keep a wish list up so that they can exchange gifts between them - the so-called feeder games. This may be why they have a wish list up, even if they say "no gifting".

Others have only the one game profile, and have a regular set of friends all year round. But when it comes to Events they take on Event friends for the extra rooms, not wanting to gift them (the event friends) or needing any gifts even if they have a gift list.

So event friends are usually for the rooms only during the event, and no-one should be insulted if they are removed from the friend list after the event.

If someone says "no gifting" then you need not gift them.

If they don't say anything specific about gifting in the forum when they advertise themselves, then gift them if they have a list up. If you get a gift back, then they are ok with it. If you don't get a gift back it is probably a feeder game or someone who won't exchange gifts.

There might be a designation in their game name to signal this, e.g Hirento WE, or Hirento EVENT or something similar. But it may be helpful for you to keep a written list by the computer if you have a lot of friends.

(I wish Elephant Games could make it so that we could annotate our friends directly in the Friends Tab in the game, or have tick boxes for "Event only", of "Feeder Game" etc.)

I believe that TinyFairy said in her original post that if you are looking for regular, all-year friends, the thread "PC friends" is meant for that.

• Edited December 19, 2020 2:55 pm  by  Hirento
Honeyphan

Dec-21

Hey everyone! :)

I have started a new game to use as an event room - open to any and all who need or want it. At present, I will switch Christmas rooms once day (a few hours before game changeover)  ...

No gifts necessary (unless you don't have a lot of friends yet and need to gift, to progress in your own game. :))

ID# number is: 890009

Name is:  Honey 2

Merry Christmas! :D

• Edited December 21, 2020 4:42 pm  by  Honeyphan
nibblets

Dec-23

Looking for event friends, nibblets # 886407

Thanks, happy holidays

TinyFaerie
Staff

Dec-23

Looking for event friends that have room 1 open. Let me know and I will add or pm me for my player ID.

• Edited December 23, 2020 9:29 am  by  TinyFaerie
Honeyphan

Dec-23

Hey guys - another event room is ready - my 3rd game - and I should have my 4th one up (Honey 4) either tomorrow or after Christmas. :)

Honey 3 - id#  890258

I will swap back and forth between Christmas rooms (so both can be played same game day) . I usually switch a few hours before game changeover time (6pm cst)

As with Honey 2 - gifting is optional - there if you need it to progress in your game, and I will return those gifts. I plan to be active in all my seasonal rooms, visiting at least once a day throughout each seasonal event.

Have fun!
Any and all welcome!

Merry Christmas! :)

Bingo (manybears)

Dec-23

Hi Nibblets, will send you an invite.

Bingo

Honeyphan

Dec-25

Putting this all in one post to make it easier. :)

Honey 4 is now open for business! :D

1d#  890374

I also have Honey 2 – id# 890009  and Honey 3 – id# 890258

All of these are event rooms, which means I will visit them frequently only during the events. My main game I still visit every day.

Gifting isn't necessary – only if you need to.  And, of course, I will return gifts.

Currently I am swapping rooms, so that each HOS can be played each game day.

Come one, come all - have fun – and Merry Christmas!

God bless us – everyone.