Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

The Eternal Gifting Etiquette Question   Gifts, Wishes and Random Pleas for Help

Started 8/24/19 by April @ MC (April54321); 9033 views.
Nona (Waldmeister)

8/26/19

Czoe, you have no need at all to keep track - I bet you are lightyears ahead with all your friends. I know you are with me.

EmilyPoe13

8/26/19

Excellent, thanks very much April! :)

EmilyPoe13

8/26/19

Thanks very much, I really appreciate it! relaxed

Debbie (Debbie1845)

8/26/19

Hi Emily...aka, Lady Indigo wave!!

I sent you an invitation to my game, as well as a PM, both yesterday. I am just waiting for you to accept. I am a member of the Consortium and I can assist you in any way possible to craft pets, as well as help you (if you need it) to get to lvl 13 as quickly as possible so you may open your Anniversary Room, and begin receiving all those extra coins once you MAX the HOS out. 

I have included more details in my PM.

Also, the best place for you to post seeking friends coupleis in the IOS Friends Thread. You will find it here, https://forums.delphiforums.com/midnightcastle/messages/11/711In one of my messages there (#715), I made reference to you seeking friends couple, as I didn’t want to post your ID # on your behalf without your permission. 

I look forward to helping you attain and achieve your goals!! 

Please never hesitate to reach out and contact me for anything you might need assistance with or if you have questions!! 

I am so very happy that you found us!! We are all here to help and be supportive!! blush

Debbie

Di (amina046)

8/26/19

Hi, sent you an invite and hope to help.

Di

Emily, I’m also just waiting for you to accept my invitation. relaxed

To any of my new friends, please let me know if you need help crafting any pets!!! I LOVE heart_eyes helping new players get their pets!

To add to what April was saying, I also gift back to those who gift me in the order received - as much as possible! And, yes, it is the same core group of (mostly) very old friends, but some wonderful new ones, too. 

I also have to periodically take down my wishlist to catch up, & as I get close, I usually find the friends I still owe gifts are friends I have already gifted that day, or just don’t have a wishlist. That’s when I start gifting to the friends I don’t “owe” gifts. First to the ones who reciprocated to my last gift, then to some I haven’t heard from in a while. Most friends do reciprocate when I eventually put a list back up. 

When I do have a wishlist, I try to keep it easy for newbies OR seasoned players to gift - an airship, a food, a unique stamp to swap- unless I really, really need something in particular. Because of this, & the fact that I have the most wonderful, amazing, generous friends anyone could ever ask for kissing_heart, when I do try to take you up on your very generous offer of Rune Stones, April, I get them from other, wonderful, generous friends (THANK YOU!!!heart) who I’m sure need them as much as I do. So I feel guilty & take it off my wishlist. disappointed_relieved

And last but not least, I currently am in a place where I have many BKQs available, so if anyone is close enough to level 69 to request the Destiny Keys & wants to prepare to get the Exclusive pets, I currently have a small surplus, thanks to the CC wanting so many ZZs. 

LOL, I'm one of THOSE players who gift out but have no wishlist up.  The majority of my friends have been playing as long as I have and really don't need anything.  I can't wrap my head around putting food, airship item or stamp on wishlist only to be gifted food, airship item or stamp.  That's just a wash.  And many, many friends are going after the DQs, or playing the Challenge, so they really need the food and airship items.  I generally don't play either, so I feel it's okay for me to help them in their goals. 

I was really beginning to stress out keeping the lists of gifts, so around New Year's I decided to change things for a while.  That's when I took my wishlist down and just gifted out.  I feel good sending gifts to my friends and there's absolutely no stress because getting a gift from me is a complete surprise.

TLB2 (nvrsdiwsgd)

8/26/19

I haven't gotten an accept on my 2 games from Emily. Hope everything is ok. It's been a couple days..

TLB2 (nvrsdiwsgd)

8/26/19

I keep airship items on my wish list because most are needing them. I figure it's kind of a trade, and I won't get too low (in my mind it sounds good) I get AS items and send AS items.

I also know how frustrating it is to try to find people with a wish list open!

moonflower61

8/27/19

Thank you April for giving me the heads up to check Delphi forum on your wish list about gifting, being new I didn’t know what catchup meant after the players names.Now I know, Thank you. I want to thank all my new friends g for their gifts and or the anniversary rooms. I wasn’t sure if there was a protocol to gifting so I sent everyone a gift that was accepting gifts and I am fine with my other great friends just for letting me use their rooms.With the friends I do gifts with I do every 2 to 3 days which works good for me,if that’s too much I can cut it down to once a week if that’s what most prefer.I also do the postcards. Again I’m fine with friends just letting me use their anniversary room without gifting too. It helps a lot to build up coins. Thank you  April and thank you to all other friends, you’re all wonderful! Moonflower61 / Red Rider