Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

The Special Room - Origins PART 1   Oh the Absurdity!

Started 4/29/18 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 27161 views.
In reply toRe: msg 32
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

5/19/18

PAGE 15 CONTINUED

PTG

As I open my eyes I see that Jenny is stuffing something large into her "front pockets"  

I am too much of a gentleman to inquire but note that there is now a furniture item missing form the room.  

Randy is still dreamy eyed and rocking gently as he hums, so I look over his shoulder at the piece of paper he is holding.    

I have to look again while adjusting my brain to take in the wonderful animated picture in front of me.  

On it in vivid colour 3-D is an image of a scantily dressed young lady doing a hula-hula in front of him     

...[Message truncated]
View Full Message
In reply toRe: msg 33
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

5/22/18

PAGE 16

PTG

I look aghast at what those two prize (GOLD STAR    ) idjits have just done  

With bits and pits of the mad evil-genius foe cascading all around us, I dive for my bench and cover myself as best I can with a handy towel.  

At the same time I invoke who ever the powers are in this dimension saying: 
“It is not my fault; I have nothing to do with it; those two asinine creatures are strangers to me (and I revoke any partnership!)”    

I then implore – plead –BEG my bench to take my away as far as possible and think SOUTH POLE. I will prefer the cold compared to what is about to be inflicted upon us.  

Nothing happens apart from the pitter, patter of tiny bits of genius floating to the floor.   
...[Message truncated]
View Full Message
In reply toRe: msg 34
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

5/22/18

PAGE 16 CONTINUED

JENIFER

PTG is glaring at me while I reapply my feathers, bells and barnacles. 

"What?" I throw up my hands. "It's a giant red button! If I'd written it myself I still would have pressed it! Who can resist a giant red button?!" 

We look back to the monitors. "Lets go get Cash and Wickerbat." PTG decides. "We can at least do that for Grim." 

We look to Randy sprawled over the convenient plot device - I mean magic teleportation bench. 

"Looks like we'll have to walk." I frown. "We need a map of the tunnels." 

We all jump as a machine whirrs behind us, then starts spitting out paper. We wait for it to attack. Instead it stops and deposits a page into an attached tray. 

I walk over and gingerly pick it up. "Hey! It's a map!" 

"Voice activation." PTG nods, "Grim mentioned that." 

"Get me Surf n Turf!" Randy bellows. 

We all wait and look around. Nothing. 

"AAWWW Craponacracker!" 

We are grateful that nothing happens at that command. 

...[Message truncated]
View Full Message
In reply toRe: msg 35
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

5/22/18

PAGE 16 CONTINUED

PTG

I think to myself: this will only take a minute.  

That old Salty guy cannot come to any harm either to himself or to the environment in such a short time.  

I program the co-ordinates in for the now groaning bush, where Jenny Wren had tossed her swag. My trusty mobile bench obliges and within seconds we are alongside it.  

Up periscope!  

I quickly do an all-round scan and see that the coast is clear.  

There going through the Castle gates is a very noisy clanking Jenny Wren, bellowing at the top of her voice the Aussie equivalent of “Ten Green Bottles” (with occasional shrieks as the non-too friendly Castle staff haul her into custody).    

I approach the moaning and groaning bush and grab the sack. 
...[Message truncated]
View Full Message
In reply toRe: msg 36
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

5/22/18

PAGE 17

PTG

My younger female partner seems to know where all the explosives in the Castle are stashed and is shelling out diamonds like she was rich in order to get them all together quickly.     

She is working on my Cunning Plan  to transport us into the parallel never-never land where we hope Grim or the relevant bits and pieces of her are located.  

I in the meantime have sat myself down next to Randy and am listening carefully to what he is mumbling about.  

He seems to be singing an Olde-time Music Hall ditty which begins:   
"Mud, mud, glorious mud 
Nothing quite like it for cooling the blood 
So follow me follow, down to the hollow 
And there let me wallow in glorious mud
...[Message truncated]
View Full Message
In reply toRe: msg 37
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

5/23/18

PAGE 17 CONTINUED

PTG

I spy Jenny Wren wandering the streets of the town, obviously freed from recent captivity.  

She seems to be doing what she likes to call “window shopping” and what I call a “waste of time”.  

But what do I know? I am a mere male of the species, and it seems that it is making her happy and calmer after her ordeals with the Fishing Net and eagle.  

Full of suspicion as I know it would be quite a coup for the Castle Guards if we were all rounded up, I gaze over the entire area using the monitors.  But she seems to be alone, so Randy and I go down to meet her.  

We need to talk!  

I am just about to recommend that we locate our other partner Grim from whichever dimension she is presently located, when I am rudely interrupted by her brazenly calling out to the world at large that her new quest is to conquer the root of all evil: Medusa!  

I hate to disillusion her but that is just not possible without special equipment, which we don’t have, and someone to fill the spare vacancy for a Greek God with a magic sword and shield. 
...[Message truncated]
View Full Message
In reply toRe: msg 38
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

5/23/18

PAGE 17 CONTINUED

JENIFER

My team mates have abandoned me! 

They have gone to the pub. 

I respect that. 

I am not, however, listless. I click the light blue notch on my multicoloured pen. 

Okay: 

1. Find Grim 
2. Who has been spiking our ice cream? 
3. Does the 'super-blah-very-blah-evil-blah-yeah-I can't-remember-whatever-guy' have a cousin, a pet, or an even more evil OverLord? 
4. Are we in danger from Medusa? 
5. Where have my team mates gone? 

"Mah... Mah... Mah... Mah... Mah... Mah..." 

I await the lack of Tinnitus. 

GRIM

I close a door behind me. I am in the Winter Garden. I whirl. 

There is no door behind me. 

The Winter Garden is
...[Message truncated]
View Full Message
In reply toRe: msg 39
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

5/28/18

PAGE 18

JENIFER

My slumber is disturbed by a spectacular fireworks display. 

10,000 hits! It is clearly the work of PTG. I wonder about the poor soul he is beating and how he got the strength to deliver such a flurry of blows. I conclude he is probably trying to get more plot out of Captain PogoRandy. 

The ringing in my ears has abated, however my outfit is very singed. I place the crown on my head and look down from the Broken Statue. I need to go shopping, however I am surrounded by a minefield. 

My rabbit jumps down from my lap. "HOPPY!!! NOOOOO!!!!" 

I wince and squint through protective fingers covering my eyes as Hoppy navigates the mounds of earth and hops off towards the Metro Station. 

"Huh." I shrug and jump down from the statue. Just follow Hoppy's lead. "No problem!" I step forward. 

I am propelled over the City Square and into the Train Cabin. Unfortunately my entrance is head first and through the roof. 

The Tinnitus is back. 

It takes a good while for me to jimmy myself out of my current predicament and fall face first onto a spur. The cat does not approve of my language. I eat the donut. 

A new outfit is in order. The Passenger Car has all the base material I need. The skinned Teddy Bear makes a cheeky new corset and the blanket is easily fashioned into a wrap skirt. My adornments are dragonflies, bows and roses, with the odd ruby ring and golden fish. I wear the spurs as I have a set. But the pièce de résistance is the belt - I have added a track to it and a working train rotates my waist and whistles when I least expect it. 

I am ready to rejoin the fray… I use a clothespin and trim the edges. 
...[Message truncated]
View Full Message
In reply toRe: msg 40
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

5/28/18

PAGE 18 CONTINUED

GRIM

"STAY PUT!" PTG commands. 

And with a shimmer and a whoosh, PTG, his bench, two ferrets, and a hefty supply of snowballs arrive in the Tavern. The ferrets do little war dances when they see me and tackle my knees. I feel relaxed for the first time in days. 

"Hop on," PTG says. "Next stop is Jenifer." 

"What about Randy?" 

We both look toward the bar. Salty has now slid to the floor, snoring. The caterwauling turns out to be a cat caught beneath him. Randy is somehow sprawled across three bar stools, and may actually be awake, but also a little green around the gills. Too much time spent with Ellie, perhaps. 

PTG makes an executive decision. "We'll leave him here. I haven't had a chance to install seatbelts on this thing, yet." 

I sit. Cash stashes himself in my backpack, but Wickerbat insists on being held and cuddled. What a love sponge he is! If only he didn't bite everyone else… 

PTG puts his hands on his temple and - Shimmer, whoosh!

We are in a tunnel. I whip out the cell phone to check our location… we're somewhere between the Town and Cloud City. I hope it's not the tunnel that comes out in the Customs House. Or the one that comes out in the Jeweler's Workshop. Or the one - 

"Cooo-eee, Jenifer! Jenny Wren!" yells PTG. Echoes bounce down the tunnel and back. 

Wickerbat suddenly scrabbles up my front and buries himself in the backpack. My long ears prick (and my thumbs as well). I catch PTG's arm, indicate that he should be quiet, and twitch a veil of local universum over the bench. One thin layer of reality away, someone hurries along the dim tunnel, cloak swirling dramatically. Two or three hours pass before I sigh and release the local universum, but since I can't actually hold my breath that long, it's more likely 40 seconds at most. 
...[Message truncated]
View Full Message
In reply toRe: msg 40
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

5/28/18

PAGE 18 CONTINUED

RANDY

In between  and banging me acheing head on the side of this ever desending blimp and screaming very off colour insults at Jen the maniac of lost it totally  with sprinkles still clinging to her upper lip that is now curled in a snarl and a look of I want to KILL you in her crazy eyes and trying to keep the tip of the spear head from doing any more damage and trying to grab Jen by the throat and drag her to Murks lair and back, 
THINK MAN THINK FAST what can I do = beside trottel this mad hatter of a woman,,,I sneak a peek over the side,  not a good thing to do seeing I am Army and used to my boots being on solid ground NOT 50 feet in the air flying over a very pointed top of a roof,,, ohhhhhhhhh >>>>>>>>>>  grabs for Jens neck <<<<<<<<<<<<<< ohhhhhhhh 
 I swear if I ever get us out of this mess this wacky woman has gotten us well me into and before I kill her I will see her hog tied , chained, shackeled, boiled in oil and lost so far in the special room that even Nurse Kracket will never find her,,,THINK CAP THINK ,, 
 YES YES YES got it look around and see all these chests filled with coins, diamond 
stamps, weight =yes get rid of the weight I grab as many coins as I can with out letting go of the spear shaft and throw them over the side, one chest done, more coins, this is to slow Jen you wretched woman grabs some coins throw them over board, I get a WHAT??? stare , oh lord help me I am GOING TO SO KILL HER, coins=weight=fall from the sky get it?? Now grab and toss, NO NO not the stamps I can use them to patch this hole you made me make, you throw I will start licking ,,  OMG yucky I just hope there are enough stamps to patch this hole untill ,, no no no this is NOT working to much weight still,an 
...[Message truncated]
View Full Message