Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Blue Key/Side Quest question   Tips, Tricks, Guides and Advice

Started 9/29/19 by missihMC; 2043 views.
missihMC

9/29/19

Thanks Nona.  I appreciate the response.  I looked at the other characters (Valeria etc) and I only have a side quest (blue key) from Henry.  None of the other characters have the blue exclamation.  I've just started level 69, do the other characters not offer side quests until later?  Is there something else to do, to activate these side quests?

Thanks again for the help ( even with the excellent explanation in the guide, I wasn't sure on this aspect).

- missi

• Edited September 29, 2019 7:15 pm  by  missihMC
AEGram

9/29/19

When one character is offering Side Quests, there will ALWAYS be others also offering them. Generally there are 5-7 of them in total.

The ones that are most frequently used are Salty (Innkeeper) in the Tavern....Gretel and Hansel in Fairy Forest (first 2 locations).....Lighthouse Keeper (Harbor) ..... Skull Pete (on the boat in the Harbor on the Cargo Hold page)........Genie (Gates to Atlantis) and Storyteller Cat (East - Palace Square)

In the earlier parts of the game, Valeria and Henry are used, but they haven't been used in the upper levels.

In reply toRe: msg 4
missihMC

9/30/19

Thanks for the replies.  I'll keep looking for the side quests. . It's an interesting twist in the game.

- missi

PenWeb

10/1/19

My OneCent game recently got to level 69 and I have been busy chasing blue keys from Henry and Salty once the blue exclamation points showed up on Henry.  Having been there in 2 other games, I knew about the 4 pets and wanted to get enough keys as soon as possible.  I now have the 4 pets and am working on the last item in the list which is the food. I have done no other quests except Henry and Salty, haven't looked for Valeria, etc.

In reply toRe: msg 6
Tammy27 (DoubleMsMom)

10/1/19

You don't need to open the chest again for the exclusive food, it should be dropping (like the other pet foods do) when you do the HOS.  So save your coins and your keys...…………..

In reply toRe: msg 6
AEGram

10/2/19

PenWeb said:

My OneCent game recently got to level 69 and I have been busy chasing blue keys from Henry and Salty once the blue exclamation points showed up on Henry.  Having been there in 2 other games, I knew about the 4 pets and wanted to get enough keys as soon as possible.  I now have the 4 pets and am working on the last item in the list which is the food. I have done no other quests except Henry and Salty, haven't looked for Valeria, etc.

That last item is forever in the Ghostly Chest......you can go back and back and back and back and there will always be 5-bags of Exclusive Pet food. However, it's a waste of securing Destiny Keys and 2000 coins each time to get 5 bags of that food. As soon as you have even one of the pets, the food is unlocked and it will be randomly given just as is the other pet food. Trick is to not feed your exclusive pets so you totally run out. Build up at least 20 bags in inventory that you keep there and the HOSs will continue to randomly bless you with this type of food. (On my iPad game, I have over 1300 bags of the stuff and I've never once paid to get any.)

In reply toRe: msg 8
mecsjh1

Dec-24

While trying to answer a different question, I stumbled upon this post about the blue key pets.  I have 2...Rainbow Dragon and Sea Serpent.  

About 6 months ago, I opened some rooms out of order and was stuck with the blue exclamation point above characters and unable to finish Professional Pinfeathers tasks.  I submitted a ticket after trying the usual stuff and after about 30 days they got it fixed.  I didn’t have any of the blue above characters until recently when the Lighthouse Keeper suddenly told me I have to wait for an update.

After a day or two of doing HOS, helping friends and working the Christmas event, I started getting the blue exclamation points on a few characters again.  I ignored them until I came across your response to someone that referenced 4 pets.

Suddenly I thought, “four”?  LOL. Just wondering if I went wrong somewhere.  I am at Level 95, am waiting on the update, have 4499/7600 progress points and my id is i2341481.

When you have a chance, would you let me know where I went sideways and missed 2 pets, how I get them or what to search on in this forum for the answers?  Blue exclamation points or blue key pets isn’t giving me answers.

Obviously, with the holidays upon us I realize you’re likely busy.  No rush, but I’m grateful for any help you can give.  Happy Holidays!

Thanks!

The four pets, Rainbow Dragon, Sea Serpent, Fire Dragon and Woolly-Paw are found in the Ghostly Chest ZZ in the Dark Portal, Dark Tower.  If you go to that zoom zone, click on the letter "i" and click on the down arrow, you'll see the pets you're missing.  The Ghostly Chest requires the Keys of Fate every time you open it and you may, or may not, get the pets in a row.  Just wanted to warn you about that.  Good luck.

Robert (amf368)

Dec-24

Getting the pets is optional and not required. You can go back to the ghostly chest and get them when you have enough blue keys and coin to craft the KEYS OF FATE (50 blue keys and 2000 coin). The keys of fate are required to open the ghostly chest The BLUE key quests appear at end of content point. 

AEGram

Dec-26

There's a very comprehensive narrative about the Side Quests and Exclusive Pets on page 11 (starting with message 158) of the MC Game Guide , located here: http://forums.delphiforums.com/midnightcastle/messages/109/151

Whitebutterfly54 and Robert have given you the short version of the answer. LOL