Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Please Wait...   Technical Issues

Started Oct-19 by Katijay (Katijay46); 1192 views.
Katijay (Katijay46)

Oct-19

Unfortunately it is as bad as ever....so far with gifting, receiving gifts, and the private rooms...

LvlSlgr

Oct-19

I started having the problem really, really bad with that first update the other day. The one that only had 4 items. Ever since then I get the "Please wait" at least once - sometimes more - when trying to gift friends. Frustrating because when I come back the player wasn't gifted but I lost a gifting slot. So I'm only able to gift 3 or 4 times instead of the normal 5 for each gifting period.

I also noticed I was getting "Please wait" at least every other time when trying to go into another player's Private Room. That wasn't a big deal but now with the Fall Event it has become a real problem. I'm also noticing that if I can get into another player's Private Room (Halloween Room 1 with 3 HOS) that I'll get the message after completing one of the HOS.

This is very frustrating - especially with the Fall Event. I've checked my connection and it's strong. Does anyone have any ideas that might help?

Thanks in advance!

I’ve been dealing with this problem since the 1st SE. It’s at it’s worst for me when I have over 95 friends. But it’s a persistent problem with as few as 30. It’s because there’s so many of us playing again, & the server gets overloaded. 

I recommend exiting after every few rooms so at least your progress will get saved to the server.  It’s a hassle, but better than losing an hours worth of work. 

LvlSlgr

Oct-19

Desertdruid (stillDruid) said:

I recommend exiting after every few rooms

That's not a problem ... because of the "Please wait" I have to go to the Task Manager and end the game that way. Which means I can only get through one or two rooms before I have to start over again.

Yes, I had to do that last year. 2 friends, 6 HOS, butterflies, & exit. Rinse & repeat. 

In reply toRe: msg 5
Katijay (Katijay46)

Oct-19

I have discovered that if your go through the grounds collecting ghost things and then go in trying to work the rooms I get an automatic "please wait", but if I go straight into the rooms I can get a lot done before "please wait" shows up...I think for PC players it could be a Micro Soft update issue....2 or 3 updates ago I had a time where no "please wait" came up....this has really  been in the last month...

LvlSlgr

Oct-20

Katijay46, I tried going straight to the Private Rooms - after waiting long enough for all friends to appear - and I managed to get through 4 (all Fall Room 2) before I had a problem.

My problem definitely started with that first MC update earlier in the week.

I just know this is very frustrating.disappointedangry

I was going along quite well, however the past 45 minutes have been (to say the least) aggravating.  At least 6 "Please wait...…."

LvlSlgr

Oct-20

I'm taking a break from MC for the night. I just can't deal with "Please wait" anymore tonight. I have 95 friends and haven't even gotten through half of them. By that I mean I haven't been able to open their Private Room - much less try to do the HOS in the room - because of "Please wait".

Last month I was having issues with game of freezing a lot so I talked to my internet provider and about boosting my internet speed to blast pro Which gives me close to 500 mbps and wow what a difference, No more freezing, no more please wait, I sailed right through my rooms  so I no longer have the please wait going through my friends rooms any more

i went from 200 - 600 mbps internet speed

MaryCricket