Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Manxcat419 Game reset to level 1   Technical Issues

Started Oct-20 by Manxcat419; 1236 views.
Manxcat419

Oct-20

I was playing through private rooms tonight when I got the "please wait" message, then my game crashed.  When I tried to log back in, it gave me the wonderful "there was a problem with your save game" message and reset me to level 1.  Ticket going in to EG tonight, but it might be a few days before I'm back up and running.

OH NO, I'm so sorry this happened to you.  Please keep us posted...…………...

Manxcat419

Oct-21

I'll definitely keep everyone posted.  I just didn't want anyone to think I'd just disappeared/stopped playing...especially as I'm just able to really get back into the game!  Typical, right?  I sent an email to EG support already asking them what they need from me to restore the game - figure they're more likely to be on top of things than BFG.

Susanna502MC

Oct-21

My android game got reset during the kerfuffle the end of May. So many people had problems then that it took a little while for the fix. I played my reset game up to having the private rooms and started adding some of my friends. When I got put back to my old level with the new id #, the friends I added to the reset game were included. I hope you won't have that long a wait, but you can play the level 1 game if you want.

Manxcat419

Oct-21

Thank you - definitely something to bear in mind.  I'll see if they get back to me overnight...if not, then playing the game as is would definitely be an option for now.

I received gifts from Player at level 1 with your ID but you have disappeared completely from my friends lists.

I hope you get your game back quickly and in tact

Norry

Manxcat419

Oct-21

I had not long sent gifts before the crash happened, so those probably would show up under the level 1 game.  And yes, I did have this happen once before and my game was able to be mostly restored (except achievements) so I'm hoping they'll be able to restore it again.

In reply toRe: msg 7
Manxcat419

Oct-23

Just to let you know - I received an email from EG this morning.  They requested I apply the new bug fix patch and try again, which I did although the game still shows at level 1.  If I remember correctly from the last time this happened, BFG said it's a server issue rather than a game issue and there's nothing that can be done to retrieve a game that failed to save to their server.  However, they have said they will get it fixed for me...presumably by recreating my game to match what should be there.

Susanna502MC

Oct-28

I see your old ID is back to Level 95 under name Player. Hope this means you are back to normal.

Susie (Ginger Sue/Navy Blue)

Manxcat419

Oct-28

It's not quite all the way there yet.  I did log in to see what was happening as EG told me they're working on it.  It looks as though a lot of my stuff is back, but not quite everything just yet so I'm waiting for the go-ahead from them before actually playing the game.