Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Fall Rooms High Score Issue   Technical Issues

Started Nov-4 by Tammy27 (DoubleMsMom); 1289 views.

So I went to do some of my Friends rooms this morning when I noticed something weird.  In the first room I did (Fall Room 2) I noticed there was a friend who was now in the #1 spot for scores.  Didn't think nothing of it until I did the other room (Fall Room 1).  In all 3 of the HOS, this same friend is in the #1 spot for scores.  The weird thing is this friend has the same score for all 4 HOS (296,900) and done all in one day, could someone please explain this?

You can only achieve a score like that when the scene timer stops working. This generally occurs if your wifi drops in and out, or you go back into the game after an extended break, and go straight into a scene. 
I had this happen to me a lot during a previous event, and got some very good (fake) scores. 

Thanks for your reply.  While I could get on board with this explanation the fact that it happened with all 4 HOS, it's the same score and that it happened in under 8 hours still seems weird. 

I think that is the max score that can be achieved with the faulty timer. Maybe they were trying to make it happen or maybe they had really bad connection.  Other than that I’m out of ideas lol. 

Wasn't a suspected intentional manipulation of the WiFi also the SNAFU with the SAME players repeately having the highest Tournament scores, leading to the demise of the Tournaments? Really a shameful exploit if intentional, and an inherent weakness in the code.  If not an intentional exploit, still an inherent weakness in the code.

At least, that's what I recall . . .

XXOO ~ Dhyaniboom

misstracy22

Nov-10

Hi,

Idiot here.
Just wondering what SNAFU stands for? Seen you mention it a couple of times, only can’t work it out. I also have problems with letters and numbers. Not easy for me to recognise. Sorry for being an idiot.

Only I would be very grateful for a explanation of the letters. Please put my mind at ease.

Your in house idiot, Tracy

I hadn’t found this brilliant game yet when the tournaments were on, but that makes sense. Does that mean that a player who consistently appears at the top of the leaderboard in the event rooms, knows how to manipulate code? And should I be worried that they can hijack my game? 

As far as I know snafu can be used to describe anything from a little mishap to a big disaster. It’s a great word cause it covers such a broad range, and I find it fun and playful. For some reason I can see Tigger from Winnie the Pooh saying it, but I could be totally wrong there.

If it has some other, computer related meaning, I am totally in the dark also.

mdpetdoc

Nov-10

Snafu is a military acronym

Situation (originally  Status)

Normal (originally Nominal)

All

Fucked

Up

It basically means chaos or confusion.

mdpetdoc

Nov-10

"Does that mean that a player who consistently appears at the top of the leaderboard in the event rooms, knows how to manipulate code? And should I be worried that they can hijack my game?"

It does NOT. It means that there was a problem with the internet connection to the server. 

• Edited November 10, 2019 7:01 pm  by  mdpetdoc