Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Trina quest changes   Technical Issues

Started 11/11/19 by WeeSam (WeesamNZ); 2161 views.
mdpetdoc

11/12/19

I would be thrilled. 20 ZZx 5 or 6 quests in a row eats through inventory in a hurry. 

WeeSam (WeesamNZ)

11/12/19

I haven't yet reached the second stage in the Trina quests. At the normal rate I'm not sure I would ever finish it. 

mdpetdoc

11/12/19

I'm at 1143/1142 so still a looonnnng way to go. 

WeeSam (WeesamNZ)

11/13/19

Well you are a lot closer than I am. I'm only at 145/144. Even with easier quests it is going to take forever.

AEGram

11/13/19

I think you've just been blessed with an awesome glitch....and while it lasts, I'd do as many of Trina's quests as possible.

I've continued to work her quests during the Fall Event and her demands have remained the same for all quantities. My postcards are seriously diminishing and I've also noticed that the frequency with which she asks for those 20 postcards has gone up from 38% of the time to 43% since I hit the 1500 mark. That will only increase the time for a final completion because the amount of postcards available to secure remains finite.

Since many of us started the game, there have been many changes to make the game go faster and easier. Items needed to open many of the Castle ZZs have been reduced; the number of crafted items a character requests has been reduced from 3 to 1; amounts to open many of the areas in the Castle were also lowered and the first 20 levels were literally gutted so that only a portion of what was originally requested is now needed.

I don't mind these changes because they were made available to all players. While your good fortune is fantastic for you, it's very unfair to other players who are not afforded the same changes.

I would dearly LOVE for Trina's postcard amount to be reduced to a more manageable 10 instead of the current 20 every time she asks for them. The other items I could live with because players can increase those amounts by playing more. There is absolutely NO way to get additional postcards other than the daily 15 currently possible. 

I also understand that games have some achievements that are longer to accomplish than others, but the requirement for doing 3000 (for Ace Assistant) and 5000 (for Key Master) are already beyond what I think is reasonable. But to have Trina request postcards 38% (and raise that percentage to 43% after players get half way to Ace Assistant) seems more than unreasonable.

• Edited November 13, 2019 11:30 pm  by  AEGram
WeeSam (WeesamNZ)

11/14/19

I started this game just a couple months after it came out, and like you, I've seen so many changes over the years. Most for the better. Anyone remember the old Bow Figurine? When that changed there were many players complaining about unfairness that new players had it so easy while we'd had to suffer and struggle. I wasn't one of the complainers. I'm happy for new players who won't ever even know about that nightmare. I lost my game once, and had to start all over again, and it was a million times easier the second time around.

That's why when this happened I thought it was another change they had made for the better. I am so sad to find out it isn't. I expect in this case my glitch will disappear with the next update and I'll be back to the usual Trina Quests again, so yes, I'm making the most of it. It is rare for a glitch to actually give you something good, normally they are bad. I don't think I have an unfair advantage. It most likely won't last beyond the next update, which isn't that far off, and it isn't really going to help me much with the two Trina achievements. I'm severly limited in the amount of time I have to play each day - 1 hour normally - and at most I might be able to add another 50 or 100 quests to my total. As I'm only at 144/145, that is a tiny drop in any enormous ocean.

I seem to have had two separate glitches, and it makes me wonder if they are due to the issues I was having with the game a few months ago. If you recall, Elephant games had me delete a bunch of stuff. My other glitch was of the bad kind - I lost all my collected flying objects from the Christmas, Spring and Autumn events. Every single one. It took me a lot of time, effort, and diamonds to complete those collections - and it's all gone. I've had to start from scratch and re-collect everything from this event, and will have to do so again for Christmas and Spring. But I don't see it as unfair that this didn't happen to everyone, that it only happened to me. Despite it, I still consider myself fortunate not to be suffering the 'Please  Wait' issue so many are having.

There are lots of things going on in this game all the time that mean some people have an easier time than others. Some people are lucky enough to never have problems with the game, others lose there game and all their achievements, and avatars they have worked hard for and can never get again. The game can be cruel that way. It can also be as simple as some people have more time to spend playing the game than others, therefore can accumulate more, progress faster, and achieve more. I'm one of those who only has an hour a day I can play. In all the time since Trina started, I have only managed to get 144 of her quests done. Even with this glitch, I'm never going to finish this achievement, and never going to catch up with people who can play longer than me. And I don't begrudge them that. I celebrate the achievements they get that I know I never will. Those achievements for 3, 5 and 10 daily quests are something I will never achieve. They are completely out of my reach. But I will celebrate the day one of my friends turns up sporting one of the avatars you get for those achievements. 

If I could share my luck with everyone I would. I'd love to be able to gift this change to mdpetdoc up there, or to you, both of whom are so much closer to the end than I am. I'd love to sit back and cheer you on to the end. Maybe it would have been an unfair advantage if it had been a glitch received by someone who could use it to complete the Trina achievement. That person isn't me. And surely no one would begrudge me the few extra quests I'm going to be able to add to my pitifully low number?

Then again, maybe the Devs will see this thread, and realise everyone wants this, and reduce the amount for all. That's what I'm hoping for, however unlikely. 

Same thing happened to me. Just finished a long-delayed airship one with the castle challenge, then got 13 zzz and 13 hos! I’ going to run with them while I can!

WeeSam (WeesamNZ)

11/14/19

Yay Lady Pirate! I'm so glad I'm not alone in this unusual good fortune. Go for it and good luck! I wonder if there are more people out there who might have this happen if they could only finish up the long one they are on.

LvlSlgr

11/14/19

I had Trina waiting for an airship and thought I'd go ahead and fulfill her wish ... just to see what happened. She came back wanting another airship of 300. Oh well ... smile

WeeSam (WeesamNZ)

11/14/19

Sorry about that. It would have been so nice for you to join us. There's only two people reported having this so far. Maybe next time? Mind you, it doesn't really make any difference if Trina asks for 12 wheels (my current one), or 300, you are probably still going to use the same amount of airship items to get the wheels.

Who knows why this is happening, so there's still hope for next time, right?