Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What to do with seasonal items?   The Consortium

Started Nov-17 by JaneBond1; 676 views.
JaneBond1

Nov-17

Hi All,

This is my first seasonal event and I am enjoying it very much. My question is what do I do with all the seasonal items I have? How much of each candy should I keep? Should I trade them all to the kids for ghost traps?  Do the traps carry over to next year? Anything over what I might need in the future I am willing to give to the consortium. (BTW I have 583 raven eggs to share. He is by far my favorite pet to have for all gifts he gives for so little food.) 

JaneBond

ID#811508

chilpep

Nov-17

Hi Jane

Regarding the ghost traps.  Definitely keep them and get a nice stash built up.  They do carry over.  I feel you can never have enough of them (especially if you do the fall event cc).  Just my 2 cents worth.

KatieAn56

Nov-17

The Consortium also collects any "extra" seasonal items you have in order to help people who may have missed the event, just started playing and couldn't get the items or for other reasons could not get the items.  You may have friends who will put them on their wishlist also. (I have friends who are now puttng Spring Event items on their wishlist and I'm glad I have some to send to them) You can also sell the items for coins or disenchant them, or save them for next year.  

• Edited November 17, 2019 6:29 pm  by  KatieAn56
Myelle01

Nov-17

Each of us has our own idea of what and how much to keep. I have seen it suggested that with the exception of the ghost catching items, you only keep 50 to 100 of the items to share or use and sell the rest for coins or shards. However, I suggest that you use your best judgement in this. Keep what you want, keeping in mind that you may need some of each item next year.

This reminds me, I need to do some of this kind of housekeeping in my 3 main games.

All of the previous years Event items have been needed again in subsequent years, & often in great numbers, & the pet parts particularly are harder to get in the following years, so I would recommend keeping a generous supply of all Event items. Personally, as a member of the Consortium, I aim for 300 of each candy so I’m immediately ready for every candy DQ I can get (for the past years pet parts), as many Traps as I can get (because you always need so many & the more you have, the more they drop), & 200 of each Event pet part. That way, I’m able to help new players get the event pets they missed out on all through the coming year.

The event items don’t cost you anything to have them collecting dust in your inventory (& you don’t even have to dust them!) & you’ll be so glad to have them next year.  

TLB2 (nvrsdiwsgd)

Nov-18

Good suggestion on keeping all event items.

I remember last year needing to do the DQ to get the items needed for the new pets! You never know what this game will throw at you!

AlysBlue

Nov-18

I can see saving the candy and traps but will they reuse the eggs for a different pet? Or should we pass those on to the Consortium once we have the pet? How about the pet parts, do those get used for new pets each year? (and how do you get 300 candy?!)

SharpEye1

Nov-18

The eggs and pet parts have not ever been reused for new event pets so those could go to the Consortium or any new players you may have that don't have them yet.  Not sure about your question regarding 300 candy.  Is that an achievement you're referring to?   It's been so long ago for me that I just don't remember. LOL Ada heart_eyes

Hi Alys, I am part of the consortium and I have never gotten to 300 candy!  I like to have about 50 of each left over (if I can) at the end of the event but I give the rest away. You can always earn more at the next event.  

If you want to donate to the consortium, it would be much appreciated! Let us know and we will get you set up.

~Catheryne 

datsalotta

Nov-18

Hi JaneBond1 !! Seasonal Event items - you will need to keep several to start the Event the following year. If you need ghost traps to start the Event next time then, depending how many trade items you have, you might want to trade for Traps to start off next year's Event.

Also If you want to assist Consortium Santas, you can add them to your friend list, and gift them to a Santa who has the item(s) on their wish list and will need them to gift to others. That will make you a Consortium Helper ((-: Again do not leave yourself short so you have those trade items for the next Event.

To find id no.s for PC platform Santas choose Consortium under messages left side of forum. Then choose "Seasonal Events - Ask here for help" Go to the very first post in that thread - that is the Welcome to Consortium and explains what the Consortium is / does. Then go to the 2nd post and there's the Santa List for all platforms

Good Luck !! Have loads of FUN roamin' the Castle

Almost forgot to say, I'm a Consortium Santa for PC - id no. 764524 for datsalotta and id no. 764620 for *piesy . I accept invites

• Edited November 18, 2019 11:33 pm  by  datsalotta