Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Posting players id   Howling with the Hostess

Started 11/26/19 by Tennco (carlyMC); 1678 views.
Tennco (carlyMC)

11/26/19

Please put this message in proper place.  I think somehow we need to add for new members that when you refer to another player to not post full id number.  Some people are very private with number.  Perhaps a guideline on how to post so as not to reveal the identity of the player.  Just a thought.  Carly

Dhyani (Dhyaniland)

11/26/19

What a GREAT idea ~ I STRONGLY agree!!!

This is NOT a Private Forum.  ANYBODY can read what we post here. Not just Delphi Members at large, but also ANYBODY can stumble upon it on the web. PM's, however, are private.

Maybe in the Welcome Discussion:

Privacy/Posting Other Players' Game ID (or words like that)

Sure, many of us post our OWN Game ID's when looking for Friends/Event Friends.  And usually Edit out our Game ID when we have 'enough.'

And we frequently post  "Anybody know who XXX is?" when we receive an Invite from someone we don't recognize/can't find in the Master Player Lists. 

** We usually post the Castle Name and the last few numbers of the Game ID, but NOT the FULL Game ID. **

I'll have to go look, but isn't there already? a Topic called something like:

Game ID Where To Find It

New Players & other Members may read the Welcome Discussion, but I have to admit I don't.

Where else should/would/could it go so it's not overlooked by seasoned players?

XXOO ~ Dhyaniboom

TLB2 (nvrsdiwsgd)

11/26/19

How about adding it to the Code of Conduct for the Forum?

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

11/27/19

OK, this is weird.

I got FOURTEEN CC messages for your post.

PMs are freaky this week!

Anyway, yes.

The IDs have been removed from the post in question and I will add it to the rules and the code.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

11/27/19

The rule has been added in both places.

Now we have FOUR rules!

I'm clearly not one for cracking the whip, am I?

Dhyani (Dhyaniland)

11/27/19

FOURTEEN??? That's quite a hiccup!  I've seen this before when I've edited a post with a CC on it.  But I don't think I edited it 14 times!  Maybe 12 stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye

Thanks for adding to the Rules and the Code ~ is that in the Welcome Thread?  I must be a moron, as I don't remember seeing Rules and Code.

Time to clean my glasses I guess!!!

XXOO ~ Dhyaniboom

Dhyani (Dhyaniland)

11/27/19

THANKS!!!

Found both locations.  Bookmarked 'em for future use.

XXOOXXOOXXOO ~ Dhyaniboom

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

12/2/19

OK, so in replying to this.

I honestly don't know.

Is the last 3 digits of an ID ever any good for tracking someone?  I doubt it.

I would say the safest course of action, if you are trying to find out if a member is the same person as another's friend, is to discuss it in PM.

Otherwise the members list would have the information.

Dhyani (Dhyaniland)

12/2/19

The value of posting the last few numbers of a 'mystery' player Invite would be to help us more quickly identify a common Castle Name, like a first names or pet names, etc.

AND occasionally players radically CHANGE their Castle Names, or shorten them to add a suffix (Break, Sick, Vacation, Room 1, yadda yadda)

Extremely unique Castle Names MAY bemore easily/readily identifiable/verifiable by Name only.  

Not everyone here on this Forum has added their Castle Name(s) to the Master Lists.  Or updated if they radically CHANGED their Castle Names.  

Sure, I would appreciate a PM from someone BEFORE they sent an Invite.  However, not everyone on this Forum has clued in to checking the box to enable Member to Member Email yet and cannot receive or send PMs (except for Members who are Friends)

And if we only use PMs to identify a 'mystery' Inviter . . . we would have to PM a boatload of Friends to see if they could figure out a who 'mystery' Inviter is. 

Isn't that all too much work?

Allowing Forum Posts with the 'mystery' Castle Name and the last few numbers strikes me as being waaaaaay more efficient.

XXOO ~ Dhyaniboom