Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

NO Connection on Android Game   Technical Issues

Started Nov-27 by Dot (aussieDot1); 685 views.
Dot (aussieDot1)

Nov-27

My games won't open.  I hope someone can help me.   I have 2 android games on my tablet and BOTH games are doing the same thing. 

Whenever I try to open my game, I get the message "Unable to connect to server" and only a retry button.  Retry just brings up the same message.  Waiting just does the same thing.  Turning the tablet off and trying again later just gets the same message.  I can't open my games.  I have tried and tried.   Then my tablet is stuck on that message & I have to manually shut my tablet down.  The problem started earlier in the month and then seemed to right itself and I could open my games.  However I had to wait & wait to load a HOS especially one of the Fall Event HOS.  Eventually they would not open at all.  But I was able to gift.  However for the last few days, my game does not open at all. 

I am very, very wary about uninstalling as I have previously lost a game doing that.  I am only on an android tablet.

Where do I go from here?  Thanking all for reading this and thanking anyone who can help.

Dot  sunglassesearth_asia

PS:  My tablet turns on & loads up the apps.  Apart from some photos, I do not use the tablet for anything beside MC. 

Hi Dot,

I’m not very tech savvy, but when I was having similar problems with my iPad, I disconnected from my home wifi and did hotspot through my phone. Once I had established connection to MC this way I was able to reconnect to the home wifi and it has been good since.

Hope this does the trick for you as well. 

Dot (aussieDot1)

Nov-28

Thanks April.  Not sure how to hot spot so I guess I will be asking the grandkids for a hand.  I,too, hope this trick works for me.

Dot sunglassesearth_asia

Robert (amf368)

Nov-28

I had the same problem on all my Android/tablet games. I had to disable WEB ACCELERATOR to get it to work again. Try going to a place that offers open/ free  wifi and see if you can connect, that will tell you if it is your devices or your  just your internet/wifi connection. My Web accelerator is still disabled. 

Dot (aussieDot1)

Nov-28

Thanks Robert.  As I have no idea where or what a WEB ACCELERATE is, I guess I will definitely be calling the grandsons or my daughter-in-law. 

Dot sunglassesearth_asia

Robert (amf368)

Nov-28

I still do not understand what the Web Accelerator does( and I researched it online). It is a feature for the internet.  I called my internet service provider and they helped me disable the feature.  The phone tech said they had already dealt with the same problem from others so he knew what the problem was already by the time I called. 

misstracy22

Dec-1

Hi April,

Just sent a PM to you please read.

Thanks, Tracy

In reply toRe: msg 5
Dot (aussieDot1)

Dec-11

Hi all.

Well my son did the wifi thing (suggested by April), it seemed to work.  I can open my games, gift & receive games, do the DQ & spin the wheel.  BUT I still have a problem when it comes to the private rooms.  In my room I can collect the butterflies & open the chest & exit the room.  HOWEVER once I enter a friends room, the only way to exit is manually shut down my game as the game freezes.  I lose my progress each time I have done this.  So I am really worried I will miss most of Winter Event if I can't access my friends rooms, play their HOS or collect their gifts or gift them. 

I am sending BF a message.  Hoping someone can help me with this issue.

Dot