Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Friends of Katiek and Katiek2   Friends

Started 12/4/19 by katiek2; 6307 views.
In reply toRe: msg 19
katiek2

Mar-31

Hi friends, I hope those of  you still playing are enjoying the Spring Event.  I certainly am, except for one thing, and it's a biggie.  Even with a fairly new PC, I'm having "please wait" problems in the event rooms.  Last time this happened, it was because there were too many rooms, so I've done something I truly dreaded.  I'm cleaning out rooms.  Those players that show red on the friends list, AND do not have an SE event room showing AND are at a low level in the game have been deleted.  Really hoping this fixes the problem, and really hope my triple definition of "not playing" really means that person is no longer in the castle.   

Stay safe my friends.  See you in the castle.

katiek

SharpEye1

Mar-31

It sounds like the right thing to me, my friend!  So, don't you stress over it....think of it like house cleaning. Gotta clear the cobwebs.   LOL

See you in the castle

Ada

Hi Katie, I have you as a friend in some of my games,  All of them except Trixie Belle have the new room up at present.  Trixie will be red as she is an events only game for my friends.  She has no Trina Keys so has all the original rooms up in any event.

katiek2

Apr-1

Hi, you have been a very welcome friend since I first joined MC.  I would never delete any game that I knew was yours, no matter what, besides which, I am looking forward to the hoped for day we can meet in real life if you should ever end up in Las Vegas (apologies for this run on sentence). 

Stay well, Have fun in the castle!

kthreads

Apr-1

Hi katiek,

I am having issues with please wait also. There are a lot of friends rooms still on Halloween or original private room.

Don't feel bad about having to remove some people who are not participating in the game anymore. I'm going to have to do the same thing because I am also getting "please wait" in addition to objects not registering as found for several seconds before catching up. I cleaned out cache, I deleted old programs that I never use anymore, I did a defrag to clean-up my system, but it's still an issue. So I am figuring it's the game.

What I have also found, is that there are some people who are showing avatars from the last CC and/or the new avatars from current spring ghosts, are "green" so still visiting the game, but are not putting up any of the spring rooms ...or have spring room 3 up, which has no HOS.

Janet

PC:  Janet/Isadora

Android: jdmorgan / jd / Janni

Hope to make it to Vegas some time in the future, seems like a distant future at present.

Hi Janet, 

I have found you can't rely on the green/red.  I have still have Robyn's game and it is showing as green.  We long time players all know that her games will never be played again.  Also have another game whose owner died in December still showing green.  Also have one long term friend who plays for a while, then disappears for a year or so and then comes back again.

You know your friends so you should be able to sort out the "keepers".   Since not everyone comes to the forum we may never know what has happened to them, which is a pity.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Apr-11

Did you sort things out with Heather (FluffyBee)?

katiek2

Apr-11

I've pm'd her but no response yet.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Apr-13

OK.  One of the player IDs didn't come up in the search results, which was weird.