Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

hold off update please   Seasonal Events, CCs and Updates

Started 12/12/19 by Annemaree; 1533 views.
Annemaree

12/12/19

Hoping the update is held off until Saturday, we have just been put on high alert, our weather is extreme and our fire danger has been upgraded to extreme.  I would hate to miss the beginning  of the event, but may have to.  Sorry Guys

Dot (aussieDot1)

12/13/19

Take care.worried  Your safety comes first.  Hope the situation eases soon.

We have had lots of fires in Australia.  So far my area has not been too badly affected but the grass is tinder dry so we are extra cautious - no open fires including incinerators, flicking still smoking cigarette butts onto the grass, burn-outs from cars or motor bikes. 

Dot earth_asia

Annemaree

12/13/19

Which State are you in Dot?  I'm In WA  - we are on high alert atm with a fire the near 2 Rock beach 4 years back they had one go through and destroy the whole town, they have just rebuilt and it's back again.  You can copare it to the one they had in Victoria at King lake or the super fire in NSW atm

Dot (aussieDot1)

12/14/19

Hi Anne,

I love that you are in Australia too.  I am in Townsville - north Queensland.  The "firies" just screamed past sirens blaring so there is a fire somewhere near.  I live near bushland on the outskirts of one part of Townsville (still a residential estate though).  It is currently 1.40pm on Sunday and the temperature is 29 degrees but feels like 32degrees. 

I will pray that the fires are under control soon.  Fires are so scary - been there when our house caught fire and don't want to repeat it.  Super fires,  AHH!  AAHH!.

Hope you are enjoying the Winter Event. Would you believe the first time I go out (my sister took me out as I was getting "getting cabin fever") since my fall and when I get back, the Event had started.  I was too tired to do much more than gift.  Today is a bit better but getting tired again now so it is off to bed with me. 

Take care.  Dot earth_asia

Annemaree

12/14/19

Oh Dot

Please look after yourself!

You live in a very beautiful part of the country.  I love Qld and one of my best friends live over there (although she resides in Beachmere, so she is way down south).

I have just returned from a small scrub fire about 20 minutes from my house.  Thankfully we got it under control fast and did a thorough blackout.  Only took a couple of hours.

I need to start working on my private rooms.....could take forever LOL.  I am accumulating lots of eggs, but am concerned with this hot weather they may start to rot before I get the chance to gift them.  But I think before I get started I might just jump under the show, I smell like a wet ashtray at the moment

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

12/15/19

Perth here too.

We had a fire 2 suburbs over on Friday.

Thankfully contained.

Annemaree

12/15/19

sorry tho hear that Jenifer, my focus is on the bush fire side.  Structural fires are handles by fire and rescue.  I didn't think I could handle pulling people out of car crashes and the likes so trees are my thing 

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

12/15/19

Do you live up near Yanchep?

Annemaree

12/15/19

about 100 km North of me.  We discussed it earlier today, but with the weather the way it is we are extremely worried about the area I live.  Depending on the situation, we may have to send a crew up to help out.

Meelup and Yallingup have not had a burn for over 20 years and the Greenies wont let us touch it.  If it goes up, my Captain has said we will only be doing asset protection as the danger to us is too high

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

12/16/19

You're down at Yallingup?

Lovely area.

I'll be heading down to Bunker Bay, Augusta and Margaret River next year around my birthday.

Mum and I do an annual road trip.  We should arrange to meet somewhere for a drink!

Up here in the metro, we just couldn't get all the prescribed burn-offs done in time.  No through obstruction, just the conditions were too dangerous to even try.

It's like that everywhere.  The whole country is a tinderbox.