Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

How to transfer game to new pc.   Technical Issues

Started 1/3/20 by SamDee632; 8712 views.
Susanna502MC

6/13/20

I had no problem with the second game and was able to transfer the Roaming folder. Also 100% inventory, friends, level, etc. I just had to remember to change the view so I could see the hidden folders before I could get the AppData. Thank you for providing the instructions.

THEdella

9/2/20

If you are one of the moderators on this site, is there a way a person could type into the "search bar" for just "lost game" to make it easier for newbies to find this info about restoring their "lost game"?  I was just lucky that I had printed out your instructions one time in a "just in case" thingy and put it on my corkboard in my home office, when lo, and behold, my puter went south.  I bought a new puter, re-installed MC and got new ID.  Then, I remembered your post that I had printed.  So, I grabbed a thumb drive, put it in the bad puter, navigated to the MC folder and was able to copy those files.  Put that thumb drive into the new puter, copied them, and wow!  It overwrote my new game ID with the original game ID.  Had my old game back, same old ID, friends, inventory, EVERYTHING!  You are my  HERO!

While you can bookmark (the icon to the left of the Reply button) any post that you would like to save, I think it would be a good idea for these instructions to be more accessible for all to read.  I included Jenifer (the woman who started this forum) in my response to this post since she would be the one who would be able to do this.  Thanks for the idea.

LvlSlgr

9/2/20

I thought at some point Jenifer tried to start a thread where valuable information like this could be kept in one place. It might be there and I'm just not seeing it.

I do remember that......

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

9/2/20

The thread is up and running.

Put any tech help requests or links to solutions in that thread: http://forums.delphiforums.com/midnightcastle/messages/3654/1

I will link them on the first post.

Turbogramma

10/12/20

Finally got the new computer.  Transferring all my stuff to it is being a nightmare! I thought I had followed your instructions to the letter, but apparently not because I ended last night in frustration at about 1:30am.  BUT, got back into it this morning and after a couple of fails, I finally got it all back!!!  Thanks again, Dhyani!! You Rock!!yellow_heart

Dhyani (Dhyaniland)

10/14/20

CONTRATS!!! WOO HOO!!! thumbsupclaptada

NOW YOU HAVE THE SKILL TO MAKE BACKUPS WHEN YOU WANT (AND AREN'T UNDER THE GUN) . . . AND YOU DON'T HAVE TO RELY ON BF CS TO RESTORE YOUR GAME EVER AGAIN!!!!

XXOO ~ Dhyani boom