Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

How to transfer MC to a new PC   Tips, Tricks, Guides and Advice

Started 5/3/18 by AEGram; 8826 views.
Sadie (Sadie700)

Jun-2

I don't know what happened.  I followed your instructions when my old computer was dying, and then again followed them onto the new computer.  Fabulous!  It worked.  But last week, I had a feeling and backed up my Sadie game files again on a flash drive, and sure as shooting, my Sadie game was lost.  My other games were fine.  I tried to reload my game from the backup I had made before the loss from the flash drive, and it would not recover the game.  I had followed the same directions as before, but it would not work this time.  I don't understand what happened.  I even tried to go back to the original transfer and it wouldn't take that either.  What am I doing wrong?

In reply toRe: msg 25
Sadie (Sadie700)

Jun-2

One thing I just noticed that may have affected the backup, is that the "Content" folder is dated 05/31 while the backups were 05/30.  Is this the problem?  Is there any way to fix it?

LvlSlgr

Jun-2

Sadie (Sadie700) said:

my Sadie game was lost

When you say your "Sadie game was lost," what exactly do you mean?

A little over a year ago my game just completely reset back to level 1 with no inventory, nothing. It was like I was starting a brand new game but I still had the same old ID number. I tried restoring from my backup (I do these weekly) but it wouldn't work. I even spent hours on the phone with our forum "resident techy" Dhyani and she wasn't able to get it to work either.

I had to contact BigFish Customer Service. They weren't able to restore it either. They put me back at the level I was at (maximum) and gave me some inventory, coins, diamonds, pets, avatars, etc. But they couldn't do anything about all of the achievements and some other things.

Good luck!

I have Sadie ***548 as a friend and it's still showing in my game, is this you?

LvlSlgr

Jun-2

Tammy27 (DoubleMsMom) said:

I have Sadie ***548 as a friend and it's still showing in my game,

Same here. 

Sadie (Sadie700)

Jun-3

My Sadie ***548 game does not show up for me.  It went to 903*** number starting at level 1.  No matter what I try to do to get my backups to fix it, it does not help.  It stays at 903*** level 3 as I did work it some as was recommended.

In reply toRe: msg 30
Sadie (Sadie700)

Jun-3

I can also see my Sadie ***548 game on my feeder games.  I just can't get to that game.  I keep seeing the 903*** level 3 game when I go to enter my Sadie game.

In reply toRe: msg 31
Sadie (Sadie700)

Jun-3

I got my game back!! Yea!!  Apparently my game did not like the "logfile.txt"  it only liked "logfile", and it did not like "save.db", it only liked "save".  When I changed those, it brought my whole game back.  My original ***548 game.  Thank you all for helping me.  I would not have started over a second time.

LvlSlgr

Jun-3

Good to hear that you're back!

I noticed your message this morning, welcome back!!