Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

How to transfer MC to a new PC   Tips, Tricks, Guides and Advice

Started 5/3/18 by AEGram; 2426 views.
Dhyani (Dhyaniland)

Sep-26

If you are asking what size THUMB (aka FLASH) DRIVE you need, you can use 4G ~ if you can still find one that small.  The MC 'progress' folder for my Level 100 Castle is 1.04G.

If you want to make regular Backups of your 'progress' you might consider using a 'bigger' (more storage capacity) Thumb Drive.  I use anywhere from a 12G to a 64G Thumb Drive, whatever I have handy, or what is on SALE.

The speed of the data transfer from your computer to the Thumb Drive, or vice versa, is determined by the LOWER speed.  So, if you have a USB 3.0 Thumb Drive and the USB Port on your computer is 2.0, the data will transfer a the 2.0 speed.  But we're only talking maybe 30 seconds longer.  

I ALWAYS recommend making regular Backups.  I keep the most recent 2 Backups and delete the older ones.  I have THIRTEEN Castles going. 

Between switching Users, copying/pasting/renaming the folders with the Castle names and dates for EACH, the whole process takes me about 20 minutes.  Once you get the hang of it, it should take you less than 2 minutes for just ONE Castle stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye

The Backup frequency is up to you, but I do it weelky in general, and certainly before an MC Update, after a Leveling Up, and more frequently during an Event. 

High traffic to/from the Elephant Games Servers can compromise the data transmission resulting in the game going wonky.  And currently everybody and their dog is on the Internet, so there's a lot of congestion, delays in transmission, and our games WILL go wonky.

Better safe than sorry, right?

Or are you asking what the minimum requirements are to run MC?

XXOO ~ Dhyaniboom

Turbogramma

Oct-4

Hi, Dhyani!
I have a new gaming computer (it was a birthday gift from #1 Grandson!) which I have been waiting for for 2 months.  (Custom built beast!)
I am in the process of backing up everything on my old computer...SO much stuff.  I just knew the info to transfer was here somewhere.  And, here it is!  I owe you guys again!!

Printing of copy of these instructions for when I finally unbox and set up the new one over the next couple of days.

Thanks again, and be well, all of you out there in MC land. heartpulse

GREAT NEWS ~ a shiny new computer is a WONDERFUL thing!  And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!tadatadatada

PM me if the Instructions need further explanation/clarification.

XXOO ~ Dhyaniboom