Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Intermittent forum visits   Friends

Started Jan-12 by AEGram; 825 views.
AEGram

Jan-12

Just a note to all that I'll probably only be an infrequent visitor to the forum for a while.

I didn't think I'd ever say it, but I've become very disillusioned with the game. I've been concentrating on Trina since completing all the other achievements. I've always maintained that the final requirement for Ace Assistant and Key Master were beyond unreasonable. But....it is what it is.....so, I've been plugging along to hopefully someday complete those 2 achievements. 

I've kept a list of what was requested in each of her quests since my 99th quest. I've now completed 1824 of her quests. During those recorded 1726 quests, Trina has asked for postcards 38% of the time. So, I calculated the numbers to see how long it would take to actually get the number of postcards I need by using that percentage; i.e., figuring I'll get a postcard request 38% of the time for those remaining quests. 

However, I've also started keeping track of the frequency since the 1500th quest (half way through Ace Assistant). That percentage continues to rise so that it's now at 42% of the time. That pushes out my earliest possible completion date for Ace Assistant an additional 2 months. So far, I've only completed 13 of her quests for December.....I stopped on that quest because it was the 6th in a row that requested postcards. I completed it during the last day of the CC and received yet another quest that included postcards. That brings my totals to 8 requests for 14 quests delivered, or 57% of the time. If that will now be the new percentage, it will take me 11 months longer from my original guestimate.

I understand achievements are something to be earned. I don't mind working toward a goal. I don't mind something requiring time. I've adapted my playing strategy based on changes made by the Devs over the years. But......achievements should be achieveABLE, not the "impossible dream." 

If the Devs have meant for these final achievements to be a challenge to keep the players playing between content updates, they've caused the exact opposite. I don't expect immediate gratification. Everyone knows I've always encouraged new players to play, play, play, play the rounds and the event rooms to build inventory, coins, airship items, stamps, and pet food while knowing full well how boring it is. 

My only incentive to even open the game is to gift during my 3 sessions each day. Unfortunately, since I won't be playing much, that also means that I'll probably forget to go into the game during several of the opportunities to get those precious postcards over the next year or so. Devs, this is entirely counterproductive. 

Because I won't be playing the game much......I will also not be checking into the forum very much. However, I will continue to play the new content and the events. I will continue to set my private room to the current event. I will continue to update threads as new material is presented. 

Please don't mistake this post as a whine.....it isn't meant to be that at all. And, I'm sorry if any perceive it as such. 

I just wanted to take some time to explain why people won't see me posting or logging in very much.

In reply toRe: msg 1

Do what you need to do, we'll always be here when you come to visit.  Also, I and I'm sure plenty of others can't thank you enough for all you do in this forum.  It is greatly appreciated!!!!!  Take care......

SharpEye1

Jan-12

Hi AEGram,

Everything you've said here is totally understandable and I agree with all you said!  You have been our rock star in all you do for us in the game and the Special Room.  Perhaps you'll find the inclination to pop in there for a diversion.  It will be strange not seeing you in the forum often!

But, again, you need to do what works for you and just know we'll keep a light on for ya, my friend!

Adaheart_eyes

Dear AEGram

wanted to thank you for all you have done for MC players. Yes...wondering what BF and EG were going to do with this game after company was bought out.

this April we will be 2 years out of BF forum, I think this game has fared as well as it has due to Delphi.

wishing you the best

tropical_fish last avatar achievement from old forum playing as 12earth45 bouquet

oiuoiu321

Jan-14

Rats!  We will certainly miss you here, AEGram.  But I'm glad to hear you'll still be in from time to time.  We've all learned so much from you.

Bagpuss22

Jan-14

Hi !

I just wanted to say "Thanks" for all the help you've given over the last few years. It really is very much appreciated! 

Jackie

KNIMtheTOAD

Jan-15

OMG, At first glance I thought you were going to say you were ill! It is 100times better that you are tired of game, You have improved my knowledge and understanding  in my MC life.  And many of the other players also, I will give you a standing cheer, HIP HIP HURRAH,

I am also tired of MC, my reasons besides what you said, are "PLEASE WAIT"  issue, freezing, and not recording wins and gifts accurately. My response to those issues " ^%&#$$@!)&%&#@%%$."

To you step back take a deep breath and relax a little. We love you and the most important thing is to find your bliss.

Rosalie TOAD/Otter/MOUSE

mmpendo

Jan-15

AEGram said:

I didn't think I'd ever say it, but I've become very disillusioned with the game. 

I read your thoughtful post with deep consideration. I agree. Although I am only at Level 42, but being of a mathematical instincts and having read almost all posts in the MC forum, I have reached similar conclusions. After having read all the trials and hard work folks have put in to achieve levels let alone achievements, I am astounded. 

I just can't see me playing the million or so HOS to even approach the end game.

Perhaps if I had started the game 5 years sooner I would have a more positive view. 

I do enjoy this forum and all the wonderful, kind, helpful and compassionate people here. 

XXXXs to all.

LvlSlgr

Jan-15

AEGram said:

I didn't think I'd ever say it, but I've become very disillusioned with the game.

AEGram, you're not the only one. There are a lot of us in that same boat. My reasons are twofold. First, the "hijack" of my game last March. It put me so much further behind on the DQs and Trinia achievements and the fact that I lost over 30 avatars from the CCs which I'll never be able to recover. And the latest, as stated by KNIMtheTOAD, is the "Please wait" issue which causes the game to freeze. This started for a very large group of us with the Fall Event download. Sometimes, if I'm lucky, I might be able to do 5 or 6 HOS in the private rooms before it happens but most times it's only 2 or 3. Sometimes, it happens as soon as I click to open another player's private room. But enough about me.

You will be sorely missed for all that you have done in this forum to keep us all informed about the game. You have been our guiding light when we got lost and didn't understand how to move forward. I've always been truly amazed at your patience and ability to educate us. But you must do what's best for you. And if that means stepping back, then so be it. Take care and know that we all love you.