Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Looking for volunteers for a new forum   Welcome!

Started Jan-17 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 1417 views.
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Jan-17

Yeah, I'm that insane.

I've been talking to the higher ups at Delphi, and one thing they suggested was to start a forum devoted purely to the Australian fires and get that featured.

Each folder would be devoted to a different state or territory and have links to specific charities and fire services in need.

It would be difficult to do this alone, but it would be a temporary gig, lasting a couple of months.

I hope.

Let me know if anyone is willing to help.

Cheers,

Jenifer

misstracy22

Jan-17

I’m not sure what you need, or want or even I can do. Only the offer is there for me to help.

Tracymouse2

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Jan-17

Thank you.

If I can get about five more volunteers, I think we could get this up and running in a couple of days.

An example of what you could do is take one state - say Victoria.

You google all the links for the official organisations in that state.

Red cross, Salvos, RSPCA - Vic... also the list of volunteer firefighter organisations for that state, and smaller wildlife reservations and carers.

You would have one page that would be a sticky thread that gave all those links.

There would also be one thread in the Victoria folder that would cover news on fires in that state for the current month.

I would post those in.

Basically you would pop in once a day and direct anyone who may be lost to the states that need the most help at the current moment.

You up for that?

Di (amina046)

Jan-18

Of course I will help, though I am not sure how, but whatever you say and is within my abilities.

misstracy22

Jan-18

Hi,

Yes, of course. Just a small contribution like this, with others can help so many. Just let me know which state. Then I can go for it. 
Tracy

Kidmagnet
Staff

Jan-18

I can do there what I do here - also help you set up a Live Story for it. 

Di (amina046)

Jan-18

I could do NSW. Anything to help, anywhere.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Jan-19

First of all, I would need the forum to remain "private" while I set it up.

The hardest part of ALL of this is vetting the charities.

I would hate to have a link to a Go Fund Me page that has been set up by scammers.

And, as Di has helped me understand, donating to a central Firefighting charity in one state does not spread the money out to others, even if they are fighting the same damn fire!

Bureaucracy is an evil thing.

Thankfully we have a lull right now.  So we can take a week to set this up and do it right.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Jan-19

I love you guys both, so much.

Give me a day to get the frame of the forum in place, then we can get to work.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Jan-19

For crying out loud!

I should be a wizard at this, but I can't even create folders!

Can you please create... 9 folders - just number them and order them and I will edit their descriptions and privileges?