Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Friendly Politics   Howling with the Hostess

Started Feb-5 by susiewastaken (susietaken); 1132 views.

Haven't been to the forum for weeks (months??...hey, I don't sleep at night and nap with a 2 year old!) and peeking in here tonight am not finding anything on this subject, so here goes.  (Deep breath)

I adore all my MC friends. Yes, I really do. You are the closest thing I have to grownup interaction outside of my immediate family.

MC is my one and only game. 

I also happen to be a political junkie.  I was campaigning door to door for McGovern at 15.  Went to my first caucus when nobody knew who Bill Clinton was...my group voted for Paul Simon.  Ha!

I registered to vote on my 18th birthday at the Iowa state fair...was also hoping for jury duty but that's another story, lol.

Am living in Colorado, cheering on Sanders to be nominated.

So, I updated my MC game name to include a BERNIE!  Not a big deal, just fun for me.

Imagine my surprise when....after grandma duties over for the day...watching and waiting for returns that don't come due to stupid app glitches in the caucus....finally turn on my game....and see that one of my wonderful friends, along with a gift...has changed her game name to include the words NO POLITICS.  

sniff 

Ok, I get it. 

But I am NOT ATTACKING YOUR CANDIDATE NOR YOU....I just want to root for my guy.  Please be ok with that.

And I will still gift everyone I can, as often as I can.

Sorry for the long rant. 

kissing_heart

katiek2

Feb-5

Hey Susiet...

Please don't be offended by your friend - we really don't talk politics here, HOWEVER, there is a wonderful forum also developed and run by Jenifer Z called Coalition of the Confused.  Jenifer is a MAHvelous hostess and keeps everything friendly.  Any subject is welcome there (it's mostly political), and you will be warmly welcomed.  There is a link to it at the top right of your screen, it's the white star.  Click on it and you'll find a whole bunch of forums, but Jenifer's is the one to try first.  I've looked at the others and they can get kinda hot.

Please don't take the above to suggest you are not welcome here - you definitely are, and we're all so glad to see you back.  

oiuoiu321

Feb-5

Well, I consider that an overreaction to seeing a first name appear in your game name.  I probably would have assumed Bernie to be your new boyfriend heart_eyes

Then again, I'm assuming (since you are) that the No Politics thing to be aimed at you, when it's possibly a reaction to a different one of their game friends doing something else.

I can definitely see wanting the game to be a fun, no conflict kind of place.  I myself once deleted a game friend who added something to their game name that triggered me about my abusive ex.  I just couldn't look at it.  The friend didn't offend me in any way, but I needed the game to not make me cry.

My advice is to live and let live.  It's a game, it should make you happy. smiley

In reply toRe: msg 3

Oh, she meant it for me.

Today, she deleted me.

Di (amina046)

Feb-5

Dear MC AND politics friend, go visit the Coalition of confused right here in  Delphi and you will get your fill! I also like Bernie a lot.

I would boot the "friend" who so rudely admonished you! S(he) is not a friend and and least should have used a PM.

She deleted me.

Her game was suddenly in my "invited" tab.

Am certain it was intentional.

SIGH

Thanks, maybe closer to the election, but for now no time or energy for another forum.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Come to me, my dear.

I would LOVE to hash out the clusterfunk that was Iowa with you!

Just click my black banner.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Aww!

You're such a sweetie!

Now I feel the need to save you from the Middle East conflict you're the centre of.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host
susiewastaken (susietaken) said:

Oh, she meant it for me. Today, she deleted me.

Obviously a Yang supporter.