Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Welcome!!! Get your FAQs answered HERE!   Welcome!

Started 5/4/18 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 687458 views.
Magiemagaluf

Sep-1

Would you believe - I don't actually know how to?  Technophobe!

TLB2 (nvrsdiwsgd)

Sep-2

There is a thread here -- somewhere  that tells how to do it. Sorry can't find it right now.

I have cc'd Aegram on this post, she should know where it is and get back to you.

Thanks AEgram if you can help!

CC to AEGram
AEGram

Sep-3

Back your game up. -- is what TLB2 said.

In reply to your comment that you don't know how.......there is NO WAY TO BACK UP YOUR GAME.

On YOUR computer, there is a hidden folder (use Google to find out how to unhide them) called AppData that's in your Computer User account. The path to the files on your computer is AppData\Roaming\Elephant Games\Midnight Castle. .......Inside that folder will be another folder (content) and three files. Without special software, you cannot open two of these files to determine what's inside. The logfile.txt doesn't really tell you much that novices can understand. Perhaps those with programming experience understand. 

That said, those files on YOUR computer only contain your user ID and your friends. When you launch the game, the game server then delivers your game to you based on the ID. The file from your computer then displays your friends within your game.

All the rest of the game files -- your level progress, inventory, pets, amulets, event floating objects, coinage, diamonds, shards, ......E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G except your friends is housed on the Big Fish Game Server. .....IF something goes wrong when the data is sent to that game server and doesn't arrive, IF their game server has a hiccup, IF you get a message that there was a problem with your game save........your game is lost....gone...kaput.    And, there's not one single thing you can do to rectify that loss.

However, if YOUR COMPUTER has an issue with not getting a download, if the game as you play it on your computer isn't placing items in the appropriate former locations, if something doesn't work right during your game play.......Big Fish CAN resolve those issues because all the relevant files are on THEIR SERVER.

• Edited September 3, 2022 12:17 pm  by  AEGram
Magiemagaluf

Sep-3

Thank you both for your help.  The original problem of losing my whole game was definitely an Elephant Game problem and I suspect the disappearance of the download was not the fault of my computer.  Looks like I'm just stuck without the upgrade.  Thanks anyway,

CC to AEGram
AEGram

Sep-3

Magiemagaluf said:

I suspect the disappearance of the download was not the fault of my computer.  Looks like I'm just stuck without the upgrade.  Thanks anyway,

Even though the download disappeared, you can still get it.....In Game Manager:

Click the trash can next to Elephant Games.........verify you want to uninstall it.......use the left side to search for PC games.......in search box, enter: Midnight Castle.....follow prompts to download/install the game.

When the game launches, it will do a small (about 22) update followed by a much bigger one (over 700) .....but when it finishes, you will have all the new material.

I had issues with this download ....I'm sure it was because it timed out when downloading, although it did then continue.

Uninstalling the game and reinstalling didn't resolve it, so I used my Windows restore point to put my computer back to where it was before the download. The download then ran and I got all the new material. However, I do have an issue that I will probably need to contact BF about. (It's a minor issue relative to just my account)

Magiemagaluf

Sep-3

Thank you. I will certainly (get my son to) try this.  I have no idea how to go about all this, but he definitely will!  Thanks again for your help.

TLB2 (nvrsdiwsgd)

Sep-3

Thanks for the correction, and for answering. Appreciate your help

sloopy268

Sep-4

Hi, if you want another friend I play as Sloopy268 my I’d is i2834886. I gift firstly to all those who are behind in the game and then to any seasonal requests and avid players. Just a tip - play the jigsaws when you have nothing to do. Put Phoenix in the search bar and pick any. This guarantees that diamonds are the first that come up. There are 72 jigsaws to date 4 times a day.This gives a guarantee of 72x4x50 (14400) gold and a ‘possible’ 72x4x5 (1440) diamonds a day, even half that is still worth it. Good luck

poolmwv

Sep-4

Thanks for letting us know! I keep forgetting to check the forums and still have a little trouble navigating but because you had replied to me I got the notification. We've had a few things going so I didn't download it until Saturday, but I'm almost finished with level 116 and just finished the 3rd castle challenge.