Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Welcome!!! Get your FAQs answered HERE!   Welcome!

Started 5/4/18 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 347412 views.
GaviTn

Feb-14

when I go to the rooms Xmas etc) how to I change the amor in the first room???

Gavi-Tn 822345

Susanna502MC

Feb-14

Not sure I understand your question, but the way to make changes to the furnishings:

Click on the button in the center of the bottom of the picture (it says Off).

The items that can be changed will have a symbol showing how many keys it will take to open the item. If you click on one (and you have enough keys) the symbol will change to a blue circle with arrows. Don't click it until you are sure, it can't be undone. Clicking to open the slot will give you credit toward the Cozy Cubby Achievement.

If you click on the blue circle you will be shown the options and price for each one (shards or coins).

Click on the blue arrow under the option. This is not permanent. It will just show you what the scene will look like with the change. If you don't like it, click on the x.

If you click on the checkmark it will ask you to confirm that you want to buy it. Buying an item counts toward the Furniture Finder Achievement.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Feb-15

Did Susanna answer your question?

GaviTn

Feb-15

thank so much, I had forgotten what to push, have a great day, it's still snowing lightly here in my part of Tennessee, take care and again thank you

Gavi-Tn 822345

GaviTn

Feb-15

Yes ma'am she did, thankyou, have a great day

Azurina

Mar-4

Hello all, newbie here.

i was reading that the more experienced players keep a long list of friends and the list is defined by 'gift giving, events only, etc'  How do you manage that? Do you write the names down somewhere in separate lists to refer to when you need to for specific tasks?

thanks Azurina

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Are you asking about the consortium, or gifting in general?

oiuoiu321

Mar-5

Welcome!

What I did is started with normal "gifting" friends, about 20 or so.  Then when an event came along I asked for "room" friends so I could play more event rooms.  Before I did this I wrote down my normal friends on paper.   I find that I hardly need the paper list, though, because I recognize them when I'm doing gifting.

Really, though, whatever works for you is fine!

Azurina

Mar-5

thanks, from what i was reading, people seemed to have about 3 different types of friends and wondered how they managed it.

i see that the daily gifting is the norm, but when there is an event on, a different group of friends are used to access event rooms. I am yet to see an event having just begun the game, so will figure that out later.

so, how many friends for each of the lists do i need to have? I gather the gifting list will be much smaller than the event list?j

Azurina, thanks

Azurina, you can have as many friends as you like.  We can gift 3 times a day, 5 friends each.  So if you hit all 3 cycles, that's 15 friends a day.  If you create a friends list with 45 friends and you can gift every cycle, it will take you 3 days to gift everyone.  Many players keep some sort of list or spreadsheet to keep track of gifts received and given.  Of course, you don't have to gift every friend every day.  You will develop your own system, what works for you, as you play more.

Many, many players stress needlessly over gifting.  The game should be fun and sending gifts should pleasurable, not a chore.  If it turns into a full-time job and you're not having fun, then something is wrong.

Use trial and error to determine how many friends you're comfortable with.  It could be a lot, or it could be a small group.  Whatever suits you is the best way to go.

As for event friends, they are added on during events for the sole purpose of accessing your Private Room's HOSs, which pay out a maximum of 250 coins per HOS rather than the normal 50.  So you can amass a lot of coins during an Event, depending of course on the number of friends you have.  Both groups, your every day friends and friends you invite for the Event only, appear together.

So after the Event, it's then up to you or your Event friend to decide on deleting or keeping.  Some Event friends end up becoming forever friends and some just want to be friends for the Event only.  

Hope this helps a little.