Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Welcome!!! Get your FAQs answered HERE!   Welcome!

Started 5/4/18 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 428949 views.
Azurina

3/4/21

Hello all, newbie here.

i was reading that the more experienced players keep a long list of friends and the list is defined by 'gift giving, events only, etc'  How do you manage that? Do you write the names down somewhere in separate lists to refer to when you need to for specific tasks?

thanks Azurina

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

3/5/21

Are you asking about the consortium, or gifting in general?

oiuoiu321

3/5/21

Welcome!

What I did is started with normal "gifting" friends, about 20 or so.  Then when an event came along I asked for "room" friends so I could play more event rooms.  Before I did this I wrote down my normal friends on paper.   I find that I hardly need the paper list, though, because I recognize them when I'm doing gifting.

Really, though, whatever works for you is fine!

Azurina

3/5/21

thanks, from what i was reading, people seemed to have about 3 different types of friends and wondered how they managed it.

i see that the daily gifting is the norm, but when there is an event on, a different group of friends are used to access event rooms. I am yet to see an event having just begun the game, so will figure that out later.

so, how many friends for each of the lists do i need to have? I gather the gifting list will be much smaller than the event list?j

Azurina, thanks

Azurina, you can have as many friends as you like.  We can gift 3 times a day, 5 friends each.  So if you hit all 3 cycles, that's 15 friends a day.  If you create a friends list with 45 friends and you can gift every cycle, it will take you 3 days to gift everyone.  Many players keep some sort of list or spreadsheet to keep track of gifts received and given.  Of course, you don't have to gift every friend every day.  You will develop your own system, what works for you, as you play more.

Many, many players stress needlessly over gifting.  The game should be fun and sending gifts should pleasurable, not a chore.  If it turns into a full-time job and you're not having fun, then something is wrong.

Use trial and error to determine how many friends you're comfortable with.  It could be a lot, or it could be a small group.  Whatever suits you is the best way to go.

As for event friends, they are added on during events for the sole purpose of accessing your Private Room's HOSs, which pay out a maximum of 250 coins per HOS rather than the normal 50.  So you can amass a lot of coins during an Event, depending of course on the number of friends you have.  Both groups, your every day friends and friends you invite for the Event only, appear together.

So after the Event, it's then up to you or your Event friend to decide on deleting or keeping.  Some Event friends end up becoming forever friends and some just want to be friends for the Event only.  

Hope this helps a little.

Azurina

3/7/21

thank you.

i think i may aim for 30 friends and as many event ones as i can, as you say, many will delete after the event.

do you access the event HOS 1/day or every so many hours? I am thinking that if it is 1/day, then 100's? will be needed to amass a big some of $$. But, if it is every few hours, then not so many will be necessary. Obviously, i need time to play too. :)

You can only play the private rooms once a day. There are some players that will switch their rooms during the day because right now there are 3 Spring Rooms (there is one room (#3) that has no HOS) that have HOS to play. Spring Room 1 has one HOS, Spring Room 2 has 3 HOS and Spring Room 4 has one HOS. This then gives players the opportunity to get items from those other rooms.

Azurina

3/8/21

ok, thanks, i will see what happens when i get to that stage...prob the next round :)

You're welcome!! We should expect the Spring Event to start next month.

Azurina

3/12/21

Hello again, what do most people spend their diamonds on? Should i be saving them for something special?

and the pets.....i guess they are not all worth making?

thanks.

• Edited March 12, 2021 1:17 am  by  Azurina