Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Welcome!!! Get your FAQs answered HERE!   Welcome!

Started 5/4/18 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 443232 views.

Azurina, you can have as many friends as you like.  We can gift 3 times a day, 5 friends each.  So if you hit all 3 cycles, that's 15 friends a day.  If you create a friends list with 45 friends and you can gift every cycle, it will take you 3 days to gift everyone.  Many players keep some sort of list or spreadsheet to keep track of gifts received and given.  Of course, you don't have to gift every friend every day.  You will develop your own system, what works for you, as you play more.

Many, many players stress needlessly over gifting.  The game should be fun and sending gifts should pleasurable, not a chore.  If it turns into a full-time job and you're not having fun, then something is wrong.

Use trial and error to determine how many friends you're comfortable with.  It could be a lot, or it could be a small group.  Whatever suits you is the best way to go.

As for event friends, they are added on during events for the sole purpose of accessing your Private Room's HOSs, which pay out a maximum of 250 coins per HOS rather than the normal 50.  So you can amass a lot of coins during an Event, depending of course on the number of friends you have.  Both groups, your every day friends and friends you invite for the Event only, appear together.

So after the Event, it's then up to you or your Event friend to decide on deleting or keeping.  Some Event friends end up becoming forever friends and some just want to be friends for the Event only.  

Hope this helps a little.

Azurina

3/7/21

thank you.

i think i may aim for 30 friends and as many event ones as i can, as you say, many will delete after the event.

do you access the event HOS 1/day or every so many hours? I am thinking that if it is 1/day, then 100's? will be needed to amass a big some of $$. But, if it is every few hours, then not so many will be necessary. Obviously, i need time to play too. :)

You can only play the private rooms once a day. There are some players that will switch their rooms during the day because right now there are 3 Spring Rooms (there is one room (#3) that has no HOS) that have HOS to play. Spring Room 1 has one HOS, Spring Room 2 has 3 HOS and Spring Room 4 has one HOS. This then gives players the opportunity to get items from those other rooms.

Azurina

3/8/21

ok, thanks, i will see what happens when i get to that stage...prob the next round :)

You're welcome!! We should expect the Spring Event to start next month.

Azurina

3/12/21

Hello again, what do most people spend their diamonds on? Should i be saving them for something special?

and the pets.....i guess they are not all worth making?

thanks.

• Edited March 12, 2021 1:17 am  by  Azurina
Tammy27 (DoubleMsMom)

3/12/21

I was saving my diamonds. However, I am now working on the 10 part DQ achievement now (the last of the DQ achievements I need) and I have been using them to have the airship come back instead of waiting the 4 hours for it to return. 

You can also use them to buy things (there is an achievement, Market Master, that goes with that). Some people use them to reset the dice table or an HOS instead of waiting for them to reset. I believe there might be an item or two that can be bought with diamonds in the Private Rooms. 

As far as the pets go I have them all crafted except for the Event pets that were offered since the last Spring Event until now (no reason, just haven't gotten around to it yet). Pets can help you get items you need in the game. If you play the CCs then there are tasks that require you to either feed your pets or to get a specific kind of chest from pets. When you get to Level 69 you will be able to acquire exclusive pets (Read the MC Guide for specific info when you get to that level). How many pets you decide to have is up to you.

Azurina

3/12/21

ok, thanks.

i think i will hold off doing any spending until i get more and won't make any pets unless the next one is better than the last or at least until i get a better feel for the game. :)

Tammy27 (DoubleMsMom)

3/13/21

You're welcome!! You'll find that each person plays this game their own way. I wish I would have found the old Big Fish forum sooner and I would have played the game totally different. Just remember that this game is a marathon, not a sprint. I would also recommend checking out the Complete Index section on the left, you'll find many helpful tips there including the MC Game Guide. 

Have fun and keep stormin' the castle.........

Azurina

3/13/21

i am reading the guide as i need to, but as a novice, much is not relevant until i grow some more and some i don't understand at all! hahaha It is really helpful to be able to read ahead and all the tips people have given is much appreciated, along with the forum and everyone's help. I am in no rush and happy to jump in/out each day as time allows.