Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Welcome!!! Get your FAQs answered HERE!   Welcome!

Started 5/4/18 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 443459 views.
misstracy22

Sep-6

‘Paid in kind’ I think fits the bill. 
relaxedwink

Azurina

Sep-11

Q- would someone please let me know what i need for the autumn/fall event coming up? I have spent the last hour trying to find it in the info notes, but can't see it. I know i need carrots for spring and holiday wands for summer.

I currently have wands and added on ghost traps in wish list ....hoping that is correct?

thanks azurina

• Edited September 11, 2021 8:53 pm  by  Azurina

The holiday wands are for the Winter Event, you’ll need ghost traps for the Fall Event.

You're welcome, happy to help!!

Susanna502MC

Sep-12

Look on the left for Tips, Tricks, Guides and Advice. Under that will be Complete Index. There is a section on seasonal events. Hope that helps.

Azurina

Sep-12

t hanks, i did look there but still didn't see a list of the events and what i needed for them. Doesn't matter, i know now. :) thanks.

Q - Should i leave them in my gift list for a week to try to get about 20 of each or approach the consortium? I had them in my list for 24hrs, but didn't get any. And is 20 enough or too much to start the event with?

Q - many of my friends are red, yet i have heard from someone this week who has been sending gifts which I have not received and had not stopped playing. Should I still send to reds just in case? I don't have a big inventory and didn't want to waste it on people who I thought were not playing.

thanks Azurina

• Edited September 12, 2021 4:34 pm  by  Azurina

Answers:

Q1-If you're talking about the ghost traps and/or holiday wands you'll need more than 20 but it's a good place to start. I would keep them on your wish list for awhile. Remember we just got done with an update and a CC so some players may be taking a break.

Q2-I know that it's been discussed here in the forum that there's always been an issue with the accuracy of the "playing" icons. That's weird that someone is sending you gifts but you're not getting them. I don't recall hearing about that type of issue in the game before maybe someone else may have and might come along and shed some light on it.  I personally don't gift friends that are red, so if I were you I'd save your inventory.

Susanna502MC

Sep-13

Your friends may not have gotten around to gifting you yet, or they may be low on the items on you list. It seems like everybody has a different method. I have a few items left from last year, but unless there is something on a CC I don't usually put them on my wish list. Seasonal events usually last 30-40 days and don't have the time constraints you have in a CC. Make sure you have Golden Keys to open the new room (if there is one).

Most people cut back on the regular character quests during the event (or skip them entirely) so they can concentrate on visiting all their friends' rooms to do those HOS. That should get you lots of the needed event items. If you are entirely out of ghost traps when you tap a ghost, you will get an option to buy trap(s). You can buy more than one. Even if someone is red or on a break, if they have one of the event rooms open you will be able to access their room. During the first week I make of note of those whose rooms aren't from the needed season and put them as a possible deletion.

I usually concentrate on sending gifts to people I have received a gift from. If you think the red may be a glitch, make a change to your room - change the name, or change one of the furnishings. I've heard that can clear the glitch.

I hope greater minds than mine can review this and correct or add as necessary.

Azurina

Sep-13

i only began the game a few weeks before the spring event, so this is my first autumn/Christmas events and I don't have any of the items. I will put them back on my gift list and leave them for a while. 20 carrots worked on the spring event, so will hope to get the traps/wands in the same.

I always leave a pet food or airship item in my gift list as I figured most people would have those, if not the other items.

i will try changing my room again for a week and see if any reds go off.

as for the mysterious gifts, i am guided by my friend who asked if i had been receiving her gifts and i had not, until a recent gift came through....really odd. I hope all my other friends are still around....i will gift everyone again, change room and sit and wait. Of course, they may not be getting my gifts either! :(

I know some only play the events, some are duplicates and some take 3 weeks to get around to gifting...it all takes time.

thanks for the help.

• Edited September 13, 2021 4:42 am  by  Azurina