Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Welcome!!! Get your FAQs answered HERE!   Welcome!

Started 5/4/18 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 444843 views.
LvlSlgr

Sep-20

Susanna502MC said:

if you are a compulsive list person like me

I know what you mean. I also record their avatar to see if that changes.

Grimwald

Sep-20

On the other hand, if you play as slowly as I do, leveling up isn't an indicator either! I started in 2015, play daily, and I'm level 64 currently.

Azurina

Sep-20

yes, i thought about taking a note of their level, but so many have said not to rush the levels and game, so i too have been plodding along and trying not to raise my level too quickly, i think i have sat at my level for a month or more!

i think the events are a good indicator, if they are playing they will return to play the event.

they only turn red if they stop entering the game don't they? they don't turn red just because they don't gift you?

thanks Azurina

• Edited September 20, 2021 3:16 pm  by  Azurina
Susanna502MC

Sep-20

Azurina said:

i think the events are a good indicator, if they are playing they will return to play the event.

Also, some people change to the new avatar if they get one in an event or CC. I don't usually make a note of avatars, but I do note event and CC avatars.

Azurina

Sep-20

true, but i have so much paper around me atm with 'books' for games i really don't want to add more! hahahaha just trying to keep it simple :)

theoldguy

Sep-21

It's been awhile since I've logged on and I found this thread interesting.  Can some of you share ways that you discovered in how to keep track of who you gift?  It was easy when I only had a few friends, but the list has grown and while I try to give to everyone (at least those who I can), the list of people always seems to get jumbled up and while I try not miss anyone, I'm sure I do.  Thus some best practices here would be very welcome.  Also does anyone know how long you are inactive before the icon turns red?  i.e. if I go away for a week vacation will mine turn red or stay green.  Just wondering if anyone knows that.  I'm 868554 if anyone wants to add me.  I'll be playing the seasonal events and try to play most days. Right now it takes about 10 days to get though my list (inefficiently)  thanks in advance.

Azurina

Sep-21

initially, i only gave to those who gave to me, but that got messy.

now i just go down the list alphabetically and give to everyone (green) i can, but i write down all who gift me and cross off their names as i gift them. This way i don't miss anyone, though it may take a while to return a gift i have or have enough of to give.

i have noticed some are very generous and gift often whilst others are very infrequent and i must assume they have a vast list to get through. :)

Susanna502MC

Sep-21

I am a bit compulsive about lists, but some of this might help. My friends list is alpha by game name with ID # and Level. I mark every gift received or sent with a mark between days. (see examples below) I have 4 or 5 friends on each page with lots of space in between. When the page gets messy, I pull it out and start a new page with the same names. (That way I don't have to rewrite the entire list.)

During the game I can go down the list to see who I got a gift from that I haven't returned. Then the ones I haven't exchanged gifts for a while. I keep about 50 names on my list because more than that makes doing Event HOS hard to do. About half of the 50 gift fairly frequently. Some of the sleepers are only for events and/or CCs.

Example:

Name      123456  70       I $ R I I S R I |      $ R I S R I S R I I |     /    S I I R $ I R I S |  

Other      65431    108     / /  9/15  / X 

[Other = 10 days no gift, note on name "back 9/15", 5 days no gift, went red 5 days ]

These are for 20 days each

/ = 5 days, no gift, green. X = 5 days, no gift, red.

$ - purchased gift

S - Sent from inventory

R - Received

This is a simplified version of my list. Before I retired I did a lot of lists, spreadsheets, etc. for work, so I'm inclined that way. Also, I've seen so many posts from people annoyed about waiting for the next update that I make a point of not leveling up too quickly. The list helps me slow down.

theoldguy

Sep-22

Thanks.  I've never tried to be so detailed.  Gives me something to think about.

Susanna502MC

Sep-22

It does take time, but I just think of it as part of the game.