Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Roll Call!   Welcome!

Started 3/23/20 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 248797 views.

I finished mine (Astra Zeneca) exactly a week before my 73rd birthday.  So I'm a few age groups ahead of you.

Well it's been awhile since I posted anything regarding my workplace. Many of you may remember that we had a Covid outbreak at the nursing home I work at last year and that we lost many residents. We also had many staff test positive, myself included. Since then all has been quite........

Slowly over the months, after vaccinations were completed on residents and staff, we began trying to return to somewhat normal. Visitations opened up to more people (though they go through screening and have to wear masks), residents could leave the building for outings, church services resumed, the barber/hairstylist could come in, congregate activities and dining resumed. For the staff we continue to be screened and wear masks and eyewear (although for 3 weeks in July we were able to ditch the eyewear, didn't last). Starting in May, vaccinated staff no longer had to be tested monthly.

Last week things changed, because of rising cases/positivity rates our in our state. One day it was recommended that non-vaccinated staff be tested weekly instead of monthly, then the next day it recommended they be tested twice a week. My employer had already made the decision prior to these changes to test all staff at least monthly beginning Sept 17th. 

Well today I got a text from a co-worker, the nursing home's Facebook page announced this..................

9-19- 21
Dear Family and Friends,

All staff were tested on Friday 09-17-21. One staff member tested positive. We completed rapid tests on all residents today and all residents were negative for Covid-19. We are following recommendations from the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH), the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) and the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). This includes restricting all visitation except compassionate caregivers and essential caregivers at this time. Our congregate dining and activities are paused at this time as well.

We will conduct testing again for all staff and residents on Tuesday.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding during this time.

Not sure how long this will last, for sure at least 2 weeks. It will also mean twice a week testing for all residents and staff. 

Please keep all of us in your prayers. I've seen and felt what this virus can do. Please get vaccinated, mask up and stay safe!!

LvlSlgr

Sep-19

Crazy. I don't think some people will ever get the message. And you can include my idiot brother and his family in that group. They say that God will take care of them. I guess he never stopped to think that maybe God played some part in getting the vaccines so quickly.

Kentucky is now one of the nation's hotspots. Very frustrating because Gov. Beshear worked so hard last year to keep our numbers down and did a good job. But the state legislature pass laws this past spring that took those powers away from the governor. Now if we want something to happen the state legislature has to meet and make those decisions. About 2 weeks ago the governor finally call an emergency session because things were getting so bad. What did the legislature do? They voted that each local area can make the call on how to handle Covid. So you might have one city/county that is doing the right thing but the city/county right down the road isn't. Yeah, that's really going to stop Covid from spreading. And it's not the older generation - most of those got vaccinated. It's the younger generation getting it. 

Honestly, I'm beginning to think this is never going to end.

Azurina

Sep-19

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/history-of-pandemics-deadliest/

have a look at this site, it's really interesting graph of pandemics of history and their timeframes.

as our population has increased and our movements, pandemics have become more frequent.

so, as you say, maybe God really is taking care of things for the planet.

WeeSam (WeesamNZ)

Sep-19

Hey, I have an idiot brother as well! They do seem to get around - one per family! He and his wife won't get the vaccine because they have a 10 year old and they think getting vaccinated will give her the disease! Seriously, I don't even know where to start with this level of stupid.

However, I have had my second Pfizer vaccine, so now fully vacc'd. My mum is as well, as is my other (non-idiot) brother and his family. No side-effects from the second one, other than a sore arm for a couple of days.

And the South Island of NZ didn't stay in lockdown for long as we have not had any cases here, so I am back at work. We have to wear masks and sign in everywhere, but other than that, life as usual. I believe the South Island is coming up on its one-year anniversary of no covid in the community very soon. We would very much like to keep it that way.

Michaela (mtkim)

Oct-7

Whenever I need a chuckle I reread this message :)

Update to my Sept 19th post......

Last week after one of our testing days we had another employee test positive. Another employee had to quarantine because she was the daughter of the employee (both not vaccinated, as was the previous employee who tested positive). 

We had another testing day on Tues (Oct 5). We now have 2 residents test positive. (One was vaccinated and one had his first shot). Here is what was posted on my employer's Facebook page:

10-7-21

Dear Family and Friends,

We had two residents test positive for COVID-19 from our testing. All other staff and residents tested were negative. Family contacts of the positive residents have been notified and we have opened our COVID unit and following recommendations from the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH), the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) and the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). We must restrict all visitation except compassionate caregivers and essential caregivers at this time.

We will test all residents and staff on Friday 10-8-21 and on Tuesday 10-12-21. We will test all staff and residents weekly thereafter until we have 14 days of no new positives.

Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.

It is just over a year ago that I had my covid diagnosis (Oct 1st) and when we had our last outbreak at our facility. I can only hope that the circumstances won't be the same. So continue to keep us in your thoughts and prayers. Get vaccinated, wear your mask and stay safe!!

Michaela (mtkim)

Oct-7

I wish you much health and loads of prayers.  I keep seeing ambulances drive through my community and we have had at least 7 deaths although I don't see people wearing masks and they haven't since the covid outbreak started, which makes no sense to me.

My younger sister (38) passed away from covid and although my older sister is the healthy one, she works at a hospital where guests truly will not wear their masks and she has to ask them to leave.  I'm waiting for my 2nd vaccine but have several diff types of masks that I wear outside.

Stay healthy everyone!

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

I had somebody send me a FB friend request yesterday with HUGH JACKMAN's photo!!

Another one used Jean Claude Vandamme.

Michaela (mtkim)

Oct-8

Not too shabby.  Did you accept?