Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Roll Call!   Welcome!

Started 3/23/20 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 265826 views.

Just an update. Got to work today and found out that 1 resident and 3 staff have tested positive after Tuesday’s round of testing. 

Update: Make that 4 staff

LvlSlgr

Oct-14

That's just crazy! Do you know if they had the vaccine? And if so, did any of them have symptoms?

Resident was, the employees were not. Have heard that one of the employees is really sick and he says he wished he had gotten the vaccine. Says he’ll get it as soon as he can. I don’t know anything about the other 2 or the resident. 

mdpetdoc

Oct-14

Don't know if you already know this but Johns Hopkins is the international repository for COVID data and research. After reviewing the studies on masking, they recently released information that cloth masks are 0% effective, 3 ply surgical masks are 11% effective, and N95 masks in untrained hands are at best 50% effective (not fitted properly) against COVID. They also stated that mask mandates for children are essentially worthless because children shouldn't wear N95 type masks. 

Based on the way I see people wearing N95 type masks, I'd say 50% is being generous. When your facility reopens to visitors, I hope they require N95 type masks and make sure they're fitted properly before allowing admittance.

There will always be unvaccinated people because some people will never develop a response, some people will have health conditions making vaccination too high a risk, and some people have severe reactions to vaccines (me). I'm vaccinated but will never get a booster after almost dying from the initial vaccination. I will not be stupid about it but I'm not going to stop living now. This virus is here to stay and we can only do the best we can. 

No one in our facility, staff or visitors (none at this time, only essential caregivers or compassionate care reasons) wear N95 masks, only the 3 ply medical masks. N95 are being worn by those working in the Covid unit.

I've also resigned myself to the fact that we're going to be living with Covid and I do what I have to to stay safe.......

LvlSlgr

Oct-15

Tammy27 (DoubleMsMom) said:

I've also resigned myself to the fact that we're going to be living with Covid

I'm afraid that is so true.

mdpetdoc

Oct-15

Yes they do. That is part of the government message we are required to support. There still aren't enough N95 type masks for everyone to wear one all the time. The government is very behind the science at this point and doesn't appear to want to move forward. Based on the official instructions I receive as the responsible individual for my facility, there are things I am and am not allowed to discuss and things I'm required to share although there may be 6 peer reviewed articles contradicting them. I don't wear N95 masks all the time because I can't get enough to wear a new one every day. I wear cloth ones in low risk situations to make other people feel safer and wear N95 in higher risk situations like grocery shopping. I am fortunate that my state is one of the highly vaccinated states with 78% of people in the county where I live fully vaccinated and 90% in the county where I work with the fully vaccinated numbers continuing to climb.

All of the masks do help reduce other common respiratory infections which is also beneficial. 

Unfortunately the vaccines don't reduce transmission significantly, if at all, so they won't result in the end of this virus. They do effectively reduce severe disease so people who are vaccinated are less likely to die.  

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Oct-17

Tammy, you need to cite the peer reviewed study that Johns Hopkins published.

And it's not about catching COVID, it's about spreading it.

It is spread through droplets from the nose and mouth.

Covering said nose and mouth prevents those droplets from being expelled onto surfaces through coughs and sneezes.

mdpetdoc said:

I'm vaccinated but will never get a booster after almost dying from the initial vaccination.

What happened?