Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Roll Call!   Welcome!

Started 3/23/20 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 265405 views.
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Oct-17

mdpetdoc said:

Unfortunately the vaccines don't reduce transmission significantly, if at all,

RACGP - Mounting evidence suggests COVID vaccines do reduce transmission

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said:

Tammy, you need to cite the peer reviewed study that Johns Hopkins published.

Sorry, but I wasn't the one who mentioned this study.

mdpetdoc

Oct-17

From your article 

Study: "Households in which any individual was vaccinated prior to the 4 January were excluded". Transmission (measure by reported cases from household members) reduced from 10.1% to 5.7%. ARR 4.4%.
Statistics can be misleading. I'm looking forward to BETTER data coming out.

So the absolute risk reduction is 4.4%. 

mdpetdoc

Oct-17

Sorry, I'm looking for it. It was part of the information provided to study participants and I didn't keep my copy after reading it. This link provides some of the information that led to the study.

COVID-19 Article (jhsph.edu)

This article discusses filtering particles by mask type but doesn't specifically address the small size of Covid viral particles. Are cloth masks effective for Covid? Surgical masks vs. KN95 explained (cnbc.com)

• Edited October 17, 2021 1:40 pm  by  mdpetdoc
mdpetdoc

Oct-17

I started with typical chills and aches then developed nausea and vomiting then finally my oxygen levels dropped below 85 for 2.5 days going as low as 80 and they wouldn't come up on oxygen. Fortunately I have oxygen and monitoring equipment available at work because I was told to go home when I first sought medical help for my reaction. My sp02 was 87 at that point. I called when my sp02 reached 85 and was told to STAY home. I went to my office and stayed there on the monitor with oxygen and prayed a lot. 

• Edited October 17, 2021 1:46 pm  by  mdpetdoc

Top link is dated April 2020, and neither say cloth is zero effective. 

Tennco (carlyMC)

Oct-18

I have been gone a while . Are the posts on roll call all about covid?

mdpetdoc

Oct-18

Yes it is from early in the pandemic. This concern "For homemade cloth masks, the removal efficiency of these particles will likely be around 20%.8" led to further investigation of cloth mask effectiveness. The study was particularly interested in people wearing masks as the general public does - wearing them for extended periods between washings, taking them on and off, touching them a lot, etc.

The point of my post is that you should wear the best mask you can and consider the situation you're in. Perhaps if Tammy's facility provided N95 masks for all staff to wear, they would not have their current positive COVID cases. 

Msg 3250.1090 deleted