Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Roll Call!   Welcome!

Started 3/23/20 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 346374 views.
Msg 3250.1170 deleted
LvlSlgr

Dec-27

Thanks, Bingo. I'll wait until after the first of the year to try and get an appointment. Like most doctors, I expect it will be maybe 2 months before I can get in since I will be a new patient. But that's okay because I know, unless it's an emergency, I need to wait until after school is out for the surgery to make it easier for my son to help me.

LvlSlgr

Jan-1

My sister and I talk nearly every day but we haven't this week because her husband is home on vacation. I talked with her Christmas Day and Sunday but hadn't since then. I called her today to talk for just a few minutes. She told me she and her husband had been exposed to a people with Covid TWICE this week.

The first time was Sunday when she visited our mother who lives now with our younger brother. She got a call from Mom Wednesday telling her that one of our brother's sons (who still lives at home) had tested positive for Covid. This 24-year old has not had the vaccine nor has anyone else in that household of 7 people. (God will take care of them.) My mom included.

On Monday my sister and her husband visited with her son and his family. People there included her son, daughter-in-law, her two granddaughters (ages 11 & 13), her daughter-in-law's two older sons (in their early 20s) from an earlier marriage. My sister got a call Thursday that one of the sons had tested positive for Covid - Omicron variant. My sister's son and daughter-in-law are vaccinated/boosted but none of the kids are. No excuse for the two boys in their 20s. So my sister is isolating for the time being. The good news is she and her husband have both been vaccinated/boosted.

Myself, I haven't been anywhere. The only people I've been around in the past couple of weeks are my son and grandson. They came here today to help with housework. My son's entire family (including both boys ages 15 & 13) are vaccinated and boosted. I didn't go to his house Christmas Day because my ex and his wife were going to be there and they haven't been vaccinated. I was just being safe.

I wish people would just get the vaccine!!

TLB2 (nvrsdiwsgd)

Jan-1

Wow  just speechless.. I hope this will be a wake up call to some people. Stay safe

RosieBVT

Jan-1

People who refuse to listen don't get a wake up call.  Those who decide that "God will take care of them" forget that "God helps those who help themselves".

LvlSlgr

Jan-1

RosieBVT said:

Those who decide that "God will take care of them" forget that "God helps those who help themselves".

My response to the "God will take care of them" is did they ever think that possibly God had a hand in helping the scientists to be able to make the vaccines so quickly and that are so effective?

RosieBVT

Jan-1

Logic too often takes second place when people live on faith alone.

datsalotta

Jan-2

Hey lvlslgr - Here Here !! My thoughts exactly. A vaccine has never before been developed this quickly. As soon as China shared the genome on line, all the vaccination developers got to work. It was a Eureka moment.

There's a movie I watched on PBS a while back called Extra Life - A Short History Of Living Longer

Here's the link

https://www.pbs.org/video/thomas-jeffersons-role-making-vaccines-mainstream-silnum/

It's a PBS movie but unfortunately I could not find the full version, which is about an hour long

If you or someone reading this has found the full version of Extra Life - a Short History of Living Longer, I hope you can share it with me. I've told many people about this show and I could tell them where to find it if I knew there was more than just a 3.5 minute preview. Thank you

datsalotta

Msg 3250.1178 deleted
Susanna502MC

Jan-8

I've stopped going into the grocery store again - doing store pickup instead. Bought new masks - I had been using cloth masks. My daughter was here for Thanksgiving so I'm not seeing anyone. There are definitely advantages to being an introvert.

There are a lot of people who have jobs and families that require them to be out and about. I just can't understand those who won't do what they can to protect themselves and others.