Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Roll Call!   Welcome!

Started 3/23/20 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 353198 views.
AEGram

Feb-5

Oh, KNIMtheTOAD!!!!!   I cannot imagine living in your world. My heart goes out to you.

And for those who refuse to get vaccinated, even if they don't care about themselves....they should care about their fellowman/woman.

Getting vaccinated and not carrying this virus not only protects the person vaccinated, but others around them who may have compromised bodies/systems.

LvlSlgr

Feb-5

No, KNIMtheTOAD, it was not aimed at you. I realize people have allergies. Or bad reactions - not necessarily allergies - to different things. I have to avoid all anti-inflammatory products because they mess up my kidneys. I can't even take aspirin or ibuprofen without having a reaction. I'm allergic to several pollens in my area and some strain of mold here that really does a number on me during the winter. For that reason, I take two allergy meds - one prescribed and the other OTC which used to be prescribed - each day. Compared to you, I have it really easy, but I still have to be careful. 

I was just saying that my mother uses the allergies as an excuse even when she doesn't really have an allergy. And as I said, the most frustrating part about is that her doctor just nods his head and goes along with it. Get a different doctor? We did that several years ago. Every time I took her it was a battle because he would let her push him around. Finally, she found another doctor who doesn't do anything but agree with her no matter what. 

I hope you don't think my rant was aimed at you.  My sister cannot get the flu shot because she had heart problems after one, but seems to be able to tolerate covid vaccine.  Anyone with allergies like you should certainly be exempt, but I was talking about truck convoys that are making life miserable for everybody else and being threatening to medical personnel, young women walking down the street, anyone wearing a mask and on and on.  Some have even started protesting in front of schools to have students not wear masks or get vaccinated. The interesting thing I have seen children with masks having a great time running, playing and doing kid stuff so these adults have to smarten up.  These people are not interested in seniors, immunocompromised, or those who have cancer and are on chemo.   These protestors are lacking in any morals.  

Please stay safe and know we are supporting you!

oiuoiu321

Feb-6

(((((((KNIM)))))))  What a tough way to live.

People like you are why, when someone told me their family were healthy so they didn't need the vaccine, I answered "We're healthy too, so we got the vaccine to help others." This was at church, so you can guess the guilty look on her face.  BTW, her family now has had the vaccine.

WeeSam (WeesamNZ)

Feb-7

Wow KnimtheToad that is rough. I am so sorry you have to deal with all of that.  I can't image having to cope with everything you do.

The only allergy I have is to fresh salmon, which annoys me as I actually love fresh salmon, and now I can't eat it. Oddly enough, I can eat the tinned salmon just fine.

My brother is going the whole 'allergic' to the vaccine route as well. Except he's gone a step further into do-lally-land and says he can tell when someone near him has had the vaccine within the past 14 days as it makes him feel ill just being close to them! I always thought my younger brother was the smart one of the family. Turns out I was wrong.

mdpetdoc

Feb-7

I find this latest discussion very disturbing and judgmental. There is a lot we don't know about this virus but we are learning more every day. So much of what has been posted here is just as inaccurate as the "misinformation" people are ranting about. To start, Bush created the government stockpile for vaccine development and PPE and Obama decimated it for Ebola and Zika. Much of it was used in other countries. He had time to replace it but didn't find it necessary. Trump didn't replace it either but he may have been unaware of the greatly reduced stockpile until the emergence of SARS-CoV-2.

The CDC dropped the ball in not following the 2008 guidelines (updated in 2014) developed for dealing with the next pandemic. Every time the CDC tries to update recommendations based on what we now know people kick and scream about the changes. This includes the information that the only masks that are shown to have any significant impact on viral spread are the N95s which are very difficult to obtain. The KN95 and KF94 are likely to have some effectiveness but the others are negligible. People cling to them because they feel that wearing one of them protected them.

It also applies to the updated testing guidelines. I don't believe that any test has received full approval which should be a warning about the specificity and sensitivity of these tests which relates to the frequency of false positive and false negative test results. Once you've tested positive you could test positive for weeks or months or you could test negative one retest and then positive again in a month which doesn't mean you've picked up Covid again.

We now know that SARS-CoV-2 only survives outside of the body for 5 minutes. The currently available vaccines are not doing what vaccines should be doing. They appear to be creating antibodies but not any significant T cell immunity which is what will truly protect us in the future. There are some people who have T cells from a previous viral exposure (thought to be one of the coronavirus cold viruses) which protect against COVID and those people don't seem to get sick regardless of the level of exposure.

The CDC has said over 70% of deaths have been in people with a minimum of 4 comorbidities which means these people were very sick to begin with. We don't know how many of the unvaccinated remain unvaccinated because of their pre-existing conditions and previous conversations they've had with their PCP about vaccinations. It's been debated for decades whether the very elderly should be vaccinated against anything because of the altered immune response common with advanced age. 

Now for the thing that no one wants to hear - previous experience with trying to create effective coronavirus vaccines across species has shown minimal success and sometimes increased disease or death. The attempt at creating a SARS-CoV vaccination over about 8 years resulted in 100% mortality in the vaccinated and a lower mortality rate of ~50 % (WHO information) in the unvaccinated. The coronavirus that causes FIP behaves very similarly to SARS-CoV-2 and many of the treatments in use are ones that have shown some limited success with treatment of FIP.  Most of the vaccines developed against FIP have had minimal effectiveness and one vaccine was shown to accelerate the rate of death but this wasn't known for about a decade. 

Our response to COVID-19 has resulted in a lot of collateral damage including an increased level of advanced cancer diagnoses, suicides, and mental health crises. 

I work in an area where almost 90% of the population over 5 is fully vaccinated and the number of COVID cases/100,000 population is very similar to the number in areas of my state where vaccination is around 50%. The percentage of cases needing hospitalization is almost the same although the length of hospitalization is a little lower in the more highly vaccinated group. The % of deaths is <1% higher in the lowest vaccinated area. 

This virus now has a predictable pattern of surge and lagging deaths in the United States and because of this is now endemic in the US. It is also endemic in much of Europe. We now all need to consider how we will live with this virus and need to stop thinking we will defeat this virus with masks, isolation, and current vaccinations. Over the years we will develop immunity, the transmission rate will decline, and the level of severe illness will drop. Over a long enough period the virus may die out but there is the remaining unknown of other species serving as a reservoir for it which will prolong its survival. 

This is not misinformation. This is what we currently know and will change as we learn more. There are new vaccines still becoming available and hopefully one of them will be more effective at producing T cell immunity. 

Di (amina046)

Feb-8

A brilliant analysis my friend!

Msg 3250.1218 deleted

I will continue to wear a mask thank you. stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye

KNIMtheTOAD

Feb-11

Read on news that Truckers in Canada are bring supported by donations from US sources. transfers of at least one million dollars. And that was last week.  

When will it stop. 

KNIMtheTOAD