Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Roll Call!   Welcome!

Started 3/23/20 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 363943 views.
LvlSlgr

Jun-6

Follow-up to my post on May 5th in this thread -

I didn't get the booster from my doctor's office the next day because my back/leg was hurting too much to go out. However, about a week later I made an appointment at CVS and got it. I just had a bit of a sore arm for a couple of days this time. So I'm all caught up on the Covid vaccine - 2 initial shots and 2 boosters. I guess in about 3-4 months we'll be hearing that it's time to get a third booster. I'm okay with that as long as they're free.

Kidmagnet
Staff

Jun-7

We're not even getting the second booster here. Unless we have compromised immunity. I contracted Covid a couple of weeks ago so I have some immunity from that.

LvlSlgr

Jun-7

Sorry to hear you contacted Covid. I hope your symptoms weren't too bad.

I was looking for who qualifies for the 2nd booster here. This is what I found -

Only people older than 50 years of age or 12 years and up with immunocompromising conditions are eligible for a second booster shot. The FDA suggests getting a second booster at least four months after the first booster dose.

I'm 70, so I qualified.

I just got a message in my MyGov inbox that I am eligible for my 2nd booster.  Will be booking an appointment later today. (Tuesday 08/06/22 now 07: am)

Energyworker

Jun-8

Ditto re: LvlSlgr's response

I live in Canada and got my 2nd booster on Saturday. I went to get my watch repaired and there was a clinic right next door with no one in it. I went in & got my shot, I am over 50. Here they suggest waiting 5 months after the 1st booster.

Kidmagnet
Staff

Jun-8

Each province in Canada has its own protocols for 2nd boosters. In BC you need to be over 70 or over 55 and indigenous. Or in long term care. 

AEGram

Jun-8

Regarding the Covid boosters. My husband and I had 2 doses of Moderna last spring; our first Moderna booster in October; our second Moderna booster in April.

Moderna and Pfizer vaccines were in the high 90's for protection from the original Covid and even have a relatively high efficacy against the Delta variant.

However, they only are about 30% effective in preventing infection from Omicron and it's subvariant, Omicron ba.2. 

That said, our daughter and family were planning a vacation to Disney World and asked us to join them. We flew; they drove. Arrival in Orlando was March 30. We didn't wear masks outside, but continued to wear them inside while waiting in line for rides and we wore them in the indoor rides. We didn't wear them outside while in line.

My son-in-law went to urgent care Friday night.....positive Covid. My daughter tested positive the following morning; I tested positive the next day. We were already on our way home, having cut our stay short by a couple of days. We rode back with them (wearing masks while in the van) because we wanted them to get our grandchildren and themselves home safely. 

Bottom line:  the vaccines are still very effective against serious illness or possible hospitalization, but it's still important to wear masks when in public because the vaccines aren't very effective in preventing infection from the Omicron variant.

I feel like I have a bad cold with a cough. I've had no fever or body aches. My daughter's symptoms are the same. My son-in-law ran a fever, was nauseous, and only felt good when continuously taking Tylenol. 

I believe Moderna and Pfizer have reported now having a vaccine that will be effective against Omicron, but it probably won't be approved and available until sometime this fall.

KNIMtheTOAD

Jun-25

Hello AEG,

Have you heard from or about Jennifer K. I keep checking in Roll Call and have sent a couple of PM to her with no reply. Concerned for her. Any info with thanks. 

KNIMtheTOAD

AEGram

Jun-26

I sent a PM to her sometime back, but haven't gotten any reply. I wanted her to post the files to the Crafting thread. I was able to get another admin to do it for me.

She didn't reply to the email I sent with the files either.