Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Roll Call!   Welcome!

Started 3/23/20 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 393652 views.
AEGram

Oct-5

Phantommom (CampingMom16) said:

After 2-1/2 years of doing the right thing and escaping getting covid..... 3 out of 4 us got it this week. 

IF you've been going out more.....IF you've started to eat inside a restaurant.....IF the outside temperatures are starting to drop....IF you've slacked off wearing a mask.......then, it's inevitable. The virus is still out there looking for hosts. Omicron and it's subvariants have become incredibly contagious.

We're starting to see cases increase in south Texas now that the temperatures are dropping out of the "blast furnace" range. Southern hemisphere reports record cases of flu this year......probably because people have been so careful about being out over the last 2 years of Covid that they've started to lose their immunity.

In the US, the new Covid booster for Moderna and Pfizer have been approved for distribution. Pfizer can be administered to 12+ and Moderna was approved for 18+ so almost anyone in the US is eligible for it. However, a little less than 50% of the population has received boosters. Only about 4% have gotten the new Omicron booster. 

With a little over 400 deaths a day relative to Covid (and I'm sure not all places are diligent about reporting) in the US, it's proof that Covid is still very real and very much "alive and active."

I hope you're symptoms aren't very serious and that you (and family) are able to get the Omicron booster soon. 

Unfortunately all it took was my son going to lunch about a job with a former classmate of his and her boyfriend had covid (apparently he didn't know he had itconfused) All it took was once. As soon as our governments ok the omicron boosters we are getting it.  All of us have 3 doses so far. Masking, following all guidelines for two and a half years out the window.  Boosters of flu and covid for life now!

Pat

AEGram

Oct-6

Going to lunch....probably inside....close quarters for longer than 10 minutes or so will definitely do it if someone has the virus.

So sorry it happened. Hopefully the symptoms won't be bad and will go away soon.

We were also doing everything right....no restaurants, vaccinations and boosters up to date (most recent booster within 30 days) when we went to Disney World. Flew wearing masks .... no problem. 

But son-in-law got it and shared with me and his wife. His symptoms were much worse than ours (he had fever, aches..no cough.. and was only able to get around by taking extra strength Tylenol regularly. My daughter and I just had cold symptoms...hers a bit worse than mine. Took about 10 days before we tested negative again. 

Energyworker

Oct-12

All it took for my sister to get it was being exposed to our stepmother in the hospital emerg for a few hours. We didn't know she had it because her retirement home who is in Outbreak Status is not testing residents, they have their dining room open which is kind of like saying 'hey let's spread Covid around' imho.  I will be writing Public Health.

I got my 5th shot yesterday, for Omnicron, sore arm today. You can't get it here in Ontario unless you are 90 days past having Covid or from your last shot/booster.

I too, hope your symptoms are not bad & you don't end up with long Covid.

Take good care.

Thanks for your wishes :)  Didn't last long and thanks to  shots mild case.  Older son is not faring as well.  Still sick with it.  Youngest out of the woods too.  Husband has severe lung infection, but thanks to shots is doing ok so far. Have  to wait for omicron booster for sure. We now have an interim premier who is so into how the anti vaxxers were "discriminated" against.  Is overhauling our health system. I am so not looking forward to what she plans.  May 2023 can't come soon enough.  

Patmaple_leaf

LvlSlgr

Oct-15

Got my flu shot and the Covid bivalent booster today. I'm all set.

Image result for shot in arm icon

Good for you!! Still waiting on my booster, seems Moderna is on back order in this neck of the woods, hope it comes in soon.

TLB2 (nvrsdiwsgd)

Oct-15

Good for you! How you feeling?

LvlSlgr

Oct-15

Since I'm right-handed, I got the flu shot in my right arm and the Covid booster in my left. The right arm feels fine but the left (Covid) is a little sore. Other than that, I'm fine.

PenWeb

Oct-18

I survived Hurricane Ian.

I did not evacuate, so watched the wind, rain and storm surge. Everything went out Wednesday, Sept 28 - power at 7 a.m., water, cable, phone. Storm surge came to within 2 inches of front door. Whew! 150mph winds took off 5'x8' front porch roof. 2 very big trees mutilated, stripped of big branches, had to cut them down. 3 big window awnings which had been put down in place twisted but protected the windows. 

Power and water came back Friday, October 7.  Thanks to a good back-yard neighbor who had a big generator, I was able to keep my freezer food. I had planned on canned food and bread and peanut butter. Thanks to an old Sterno grill, I had hot soup, and most importantly, hot instant coffee.

Cable for Internet finally was fixed this afternoon, Tuesday, Oct 18, so now I can finally let you all know I am still alive and kicking.

I will get back in the game ASAP.

Penny B.  -  Nell, GMA