Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Roll Call!   Welcome!

Started 3/23/20 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 53931 views.
SharpEye1

May-22

Thanks!  We need a good laugh here an there!! heart_eyes

LvlSlgr

May-26

This is my first time posting in this thread "Roll Call" about how/what we're doing during this pandemic. I've been sheltering at home for over 10 weeks now. I've only gone out every other week to pick up groceries which I order online and I take some of those to my 95-year-old mother. Yes, here in Kentucky we are starting to open up some. But I'm still doing what I feel comfortable doing and that's pretty much being home and not taking a chance that I might spread the virus ... especially to my mother.

My reason for posting now is that I want to say I'm extremely proud of my governor - Andy Beshear. Each weekend - and sometimes weekdays - there are protesters at the Capitol in Frankfort demanding that he open up the state. This has been tolerated even though they are not social-distancing, wearing masks, and many of them are there with rifles and saying the governor is impeding their Second Amendment rights. Lord help me, I don't understand what the "right to bear arms" has to do with this pandemic.

On Sunday a group of protesters hung an effigy of Gov Andy (that's what we call him) on the grounds of the Capitol in Frankfort. This was directly across the street from the Governor's mansion where he lives with his family (wife and 2 children ages 9 & 10). They also crossed over to the mansion and were banging on the front door demanding that he come out.

Below you will find his response to this and maybe you'll understand why I say I'm proud of my governor. This man truly cares about us.

Governor Andy Beshear addresses effigy hanged on Sunday

LEX18 News Loading... Unsubscribe from LEX18 News? Working... ...

Thanks for sharing that very powerful speech, you should be proud of your Governor.  I saw on the news about what happened in Kentucky this weekend and found the behavior of those "protesters" disgusting. 

TLB2 (nvrsdiwsgd)

May-26

Love it! Very dignified.

thumbsup

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

May-27

"You cannot fan the flames, then condemn the fire."

I love that.

LvlSlgr

May-27

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said:

"You cannot fan the flames, then condemn the fire." I love that.

I agree; well put. This took place during his daily 5 PM COVID-19 news conference. He started with this to get it out of the way so he could get on with his update. Later during the Q&A portion with reporters there were a couple who tried to get him to reveal who he meant by that statement. Being the upstanding person he is, his reply was that he wouldn't name names but the people who did it knew who he meant.

crownthornes

May-27

I'm in the UK and listened to your video. What a great governor Andy sounds. You are lucky to have him.

What is wrong with these protestors!! Do they not care about their OWN people dying!!

And these people are allowed to carry guns!! It is unbelievable!!

GrannyBee

May-27

LvlSlgr - your governor is a fine, strong, *good* man - the voters of Kentucky are to be commended for voting such a wonderful leader into office. Would that the entire country were so fortunate.

Thank you for sharing this. Stay well.

b

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

May-28

I've been talking to one of the protestors who was at the rally on the YouTube page.

The majority of the protest had finished and disbanded before this happened.

And one man responsible for the effigy has been fired from his job.