Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Roll Call!   Welcome!

Started 3/23/20 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 90284 views.
butch53

Aug-19

I just received an email from the COMPASScard (etranslink.ca) stating that masks will now be mandatory on all trains and buses in Vancouver.  It appears that Canada is having the second wave.

In a related (but conflicting) story, NBC news just reported that a high number of tests are being reported as positive, when in fact the person is actually not infected.  The logic is that it is better to tell someone they are infected, and they quarantine, when they were actually healthy.  Better to be on the safe side (???) and scare everyone.  I have a friend who is a nurse.  They are tested every other day, and she has tested positive twice (and negative the very next test).  However, every positive test is added to the totals, so the media can report millions of positive people.

The media is pushing a narrative that the virus is worst than anything the world has ever seen.  It may be bad, but with the hype that is being force fed to us, fear is spreading faster than the virus.

butch53

Aug-19

The hype over mail in ballots is just a false narrative being spread by the media.  If the postal service can handle the millions of holiday cards and packages sent every year, then they can surely handle a few million mail in ballots.  The real issue is that mail in ballots are counted last.  It takes hours for election officials to count ballots that were directly input into the system, this election could take weeks to know the actual results, especially if a significant number are mail in

LvlSlgr

Aug-19

The hype over mail-in ballots is not being caused by the media. It's being caused by Trump who doesn't want it to happen.

butch53

Aug-19

No, you are listening to the media.  Trump does not want Billions spent on the post office, when they just waste money.  Trumps warnings about mail in ballots is that since the states that have never done mail in (except for a few hundred ballots) will not be able to handle thousands of ballots and process them into the election system.  The other issue is the states that have openly stated they will be sending ballots to every registered voter.  My mother is a registered voter, and she died in April.  If you do not request a ballot, one should not assume you want a ballot.  And how can we assure that every one who gets an unrequested ballot, does not also vote in person.  That would be two votes per person, not one person, one vote.

mmpendo

Aug-20

Sorry but your post takes my reward for the most inane drivel. Please open your eyes. Would you rather folks go out and expose themselves and their families and friends to COVID and possible death or lifetime lengering health problems .

A few years ago the Post Office used to be able to handle the Christmas rush - this is the new reality. 

It isn't possible with the under funding and political interference and the counting deadline that an honest tally of votes would ever be realized. 

America prides itself on periodically calling out election fraud in other countries but some fail to recognize the corruption in their own country that may result in chaos.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Aug-20

First of all, so sorry about your mother.

Do you live in a state that automatically sends out ballots?

If so, you will be a perfect litmus test for the mail in voting system - depending on whether she does, or does not, get a ballot sent to her.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Aug-20

Mmpendo, you are free to disagree, but leave personal insult out of it.

I don't want this thread derailed.

mmpendo

Aug-20

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said:

Mmpendo, you are free to disagree, but leave personal insult out of it.

I thought I had commented on the post, not the poster.

But I will take the chastisement because I was frank and perhaps I shouldn't have been so. Apologies to Butch if they was offended. 

I will go back and reread the rules for the hundredth time.  

In reply toRe: msg 457
WeeSam (WeesamNZ)

Aug-20

NZ's little Covid blip seems to be slowing. I think it numbered around 70, all started from one infected person who, according to the strain, came from either Australia or the UK. Authorities still haven't determined where it came from, but the workplace of the first Auckland case (a port freight company) has been ruled out. 

Today only 5 new cases were identified, and the most in one day was 11, so that's good. Auckland is still in lockdown, though the rest of the country isn't. 

Our election was due to happen middle of next month. It's now been moved one month later.