Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Roll Call!   Welcome!

Started 3/23/20 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 93452 views.

They were from Oct 3-11 so they were gone by the time I returned to work. As far as I know they only worked in the Covid unit.  I haven't been able to talk to anyone from the Covid unit (we can only talk with them by walkie talkie) to ask how things went. If there's more to tell I'll keep you posted. We also have some nurses (from a staffing agency) working in other parts of the building.  

I luckily never lost my taste or smell, several co-workers did though and still haven't gotten it all back yet.  

Thanks for asking and stay safe in your neck of the woods.....................

Dhyani (Dhyaniland)

Oct-19

Here's a link to the National Guard News page (shows what they're doing OFFICIALLY in the States)  

https://www.nationalguard.mil/news/

KNIMtheTOAD

Oct-20

So glad you are doing ok.  Missed you and have been praying for you every day. Remember the naps. Please nap as much as possible. Your body is still mending and it takes awhile.  Pamper yourself, let husband pamper you. It will give him something to do. Use all the PPE even if boring. 

Love and GOD BLESS

KNIMtheTOAD

LvlSlgr

Oct-20

Today I went into a store for the first time since March. I've been ordering groceries online and picking them up every other week, picking up prescriptions at the drive-thru, ordering things I need from Walmart and/or Target and having them delivered, etc. But I needed to get my flu shot and my doctor's office was out of the special high-dose shot for those of us over 65. So I had to get it at the drug store. Everyone I saw had on masks (it's mandated here in KY), but some of them only had their mouths covered. I know it's not easy but you need to cover both your nose and mouth.

mmpendo

Oct-21

Things are difficult all over. I've only been no further than my front yard only once (to buy my starter plants - tomatoes, peppers, etc.) since February.

I live at the end of the road to nowhere, in a land that time forgot. So we have no home delivery, no take out of anything. My partner ventures out once a week to get groceries. We are so careful, follow all the health wisdom. Basically it's me, my partner, our dog and 2 cats isolated but we love each other - all good.

However I'm hitting a brick wall when it comes to my yearly flu shot. Last year it was easy peasy, make an appointment at our local community hall. We called in September - one day only event, booked (snooze you lose, luck of the draw apparently or who you know?, Welcome to Quebec, (the nation within a nation, notorious for corruption at every level). 

Perhaps I could book at a Pharmacy 40 km away for a month or two away BUT I have respiratory problems to begin with. I'm not going there to possibly expose myself to COVID.

The Health Care System in North America is seriously failing.  

I'm an optimist generally but 2nd wave, then the 3rd wave etc. Create your own 'bubble'. So I'm retired but my heroes are the front line workers - the grocery cashiers, the janitors, the garbage collectors etc.

Here in Quebec I've been told 50% of nurses have left. Possibly may have something to do with our gov generous incentives to stay home with pay.

• Edited October 21, 2020 12:30 am  by  mmpendo
Susanna502MC

Oct-21

The drugstore where I usually get my shots was out of the high dose. When I picked up my prescription Friday I asked again and the high dose was in. Parked, went inside, got my shot. Very strange to be inside a store, but nice for a change. Now I'm all caught up: flu shot, Rx for 90 days, got my ballot by mail and dropped it off at the county recorder office. I get e-books from Libby (online library), watch PBS online, order groceries online and pickup in the parking lot, and try not to spend too much time scrolling on Twitter. Occasionally get a burger at the drive-thru. Its a good thing I'm an introvert. I feel for all the extroverts who aren't getting their people time.

THEdella

Oct-21

I have realized that I reacted in haste (and maybe fear?)  I want to say I'm sorry to anyone and everyone that I may have offended by my recent post.  I, too, have been scared to death of this virus and think I over-reacted, soooo sorry everyone.  Please forgive me.  Hope all our friends in this forum are safe and secure.  This is my only link to the outside world, like so many others. As a shut-in and disabled person, this is my only link to the outside world, and I handled it badly, so sorry.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Oct-21

No apology necessary.

Never forget, it's 2020.

It is best encapsulated with this image.

2020 Dumpster Fire - NeatoShop

Everybody gets one free pass a week, given the circumstances, to yell, scream, rant or just chuck something at a wall.

You're still WAY ahead of your quota.

There is still joy to be found in the world.

Meme: "Here's a quokka hug" - All Templates - Meme-arsenal.com

Sun (sunriserain)

Oct-21

Thank you for the link Dhyani. I was happy to read the National Guard story about New Mexico as that is my home state.

sun

LvlSlgr

Oct-21

Susanna502MC said:

Its a good thing I'm an introvert.

Same here! LOL